By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Series That Will Peak on Switch?

Now that we’ve seen 3D Mario, 3D Zelda, Xenoblade and Splatoon reach new heights on Switch, I thought it was time to guess which other flagship Nintendo franchises would release their biggest entries on the Switch. For your convenience, I included a list of other best-sellers.

2D MARIO - Super Mario Bros. - 42.51M

Mario Kart - Mario Kart Wii - 37.1M

2D Zelda - The Legend of Zelda - 6.51M

Super Smash Bros. - Super Smash Bros 4 Wii U/3DS - 14.58M*

Pokemon - Pokemon Red/Blue/Green - 31.38M

Kirby - Dream Land - 5.13M

Donkey Kong - Donkey Kong Country - 9.3M

Metroid - Prime - 2.78M

Animal Crossing - Wild World - 11.75M

Fire Emblem - Fates - 1.84M

Yoshi - Super Mario World 2: Yoshi’s Island - 4.12M

* keep in mind the single-console peak is 13.27M for Brawl.

Around the Network

Animal Crossing, Smash, Metroid and Fire emblem. Possibly Yoshi too.

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

Shouldn't you also split up 2D and 3D Metroid? :P

Also, Awakening did better than Fates did it not? At least according to this site.. Not sure about official numbers.

1doesnotsimply

I don't think Mario Kart will. It has the disadvantage of being a Wii U port. And if they do decide to do a sequel for Switch, I feel like 8 Deluxe will have already satisfied many people's MK appetite.

1doesnotsimply

Mario Tennis, once I bought 2m copies.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

I think Metroid for sure, maybe Animal Crossing and Fire Emblem.

Fire Emblem, the Mario Tennis series seem like the most obvious coming soon ones. Need to see more from other titles to know for sure.

Peaks a questionable term. That suggests they can never surpass themselves. I think a while back we were saying that about Wii iterations of titles like Zelda and Mario.

The Democratic Nintendo fan....is that a paradox? I'm fond of one of the more conservative companies in the industry, but I vote Liberally and view myself that way 90% of the time?

I think Smash, Kirby, Fire Emblem, Metroid Prime and Mario Tennis all have a very good chance of becoming the best selling titles in their respective series. I think 2D Zelda might have a shot aswell but they need to make a really good game, possibly with some twists like entering the walls in ALBW

Kirby, Metroid, Smash, Animal Crossing, 2D Zelda if there is one, maybe Fire Emblem, maybe Yoshi.