By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Gamevice Screwing With Nintendo Again

That product not only looks nothing like the Switch or plays like the Switch but is not even being sold anymore. They are as much as patent trolls as they can be.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 1286-0025-9138

Around the Network

What if they win though? I'm kind of worried...

1doesnotsimply

I think patent trolling like this should be punished.

FarleyMcFirefly said:

Unlikely, they lost the first time and are now trying to claim ownership on the whole idea of attachable controllers which as patent laws go is impossible to claim as it would be like someone suing phone makers because they own the rights to the concept of a device that lets people speak to each other.

Wyrdness said:
FarleyMcFirefly said:

Unlikely, they lost the first time and are now trying to claim ownership on the whole idea of attachable controllers which as patent laws go is impossible to claim as it would be like someone suing phone makers because they own the rights to the concept of a device that lets people speak to each other.

I hope so... But didn't they lose a major one for the DS fairly recently? 

1doesnotsimply

Around the Network
Stuart23 said:
That product not only looks nothing like the Switch or plays like the Switch but is not even being sold anymore. They are as much as patent trolls as they can be.

I don't know I haven't heard about their office being underneath a bridge. But in terms of trying for that patent money they do seem determined.

Do they have a point?

http://images.nintendolife.com/news/2018/05/gamevice_wants_the_us_to_block_nintendo_switch_imports_because_it_infringes_on_its_patents/attachment/0/900x.jpg

vs

https://icdn7.digitaltrends.com/image/nintendo-switch-review-photos-pdx-507-1500x1000.jpg

I could see this ending with nintendo just paying them off.
probably cheaper than going to court.

If Apple can sue people for haveing "rounded corners" "same colours used in devices" and kinda simular looking "icons"...

Last edited by JRPGfan - on 02 May 2018

I think we need to contact Gamevice and tell them how we feel about their product and actions against Nintendo:

https://gamevice.com

There is a link at the bottom of the page for contact us. 

While you are there, have a look at how they are marketing the gamevice and compare with Nintendo's product for discussion.  

CaptainExplosion said:

Here's the e-mail I sent Gamevice.

"Hello,

I'm here to tell you how outrageous and boarderline illegal your actions against Nintendo are. Not only is your patent for a product that any company could make, but it's not even the same experience or innovation of Nintendo Switch.

You ought to be ashamed of yourselves for such blatant patent trolling, and you'll be lucky if this doesn't leave your company bankrupt from such extortion.

Come up with a solution that doesn't involve you suing Nintendo over something they haven't even done, or you will soon see the gaming community boycotting Gamevice products more than you imagined."

I'd say it's angry enough but without being insulting. ^^

This is fine. Well done.

I don't get how this continues to have legs, gamevice entire product line was based around a game controller shell but the Switch is built around detachable pieces connected via rails.