By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - White Girl Wears Chinese Prom Dress - Outrage Commences

the-pi-guy said:
contestgamer said:

Polite is very relative. Whats base level polite here in NYC is sure as heck not polite in many other places I've been to.

It has to do with a specific portion of politeness.  

Be considerate of people with different ethnicities or religion.  

If someone is making fun of someone for being Christian, that's "politically incorrect." 

If someone calls someone a "fat women", that's "politically incorrect."

contestgamer said:

Not really, because the current status quo is a progressive authoritarian empire. So if what you said was true I'd pay more attention to instances of non progressive abuses, which exist, but unfortunately the real existential crisis atm is progressive oppression. 

No it isn't.  Even the Democrats are a right wing party.  Progressives make a small, but very vocal segment of it.  

The democrats were centrist until recently. Progressives though are far left and even though they're a vocal minority, they appear to have most of the momentum now in the party.

Around the Network
contestgamer said:
VGPolyglot said:

Yes, a minority has ruled over a majority, but how can it be the status quo if it is a minority and the current administration is against it?

Administrations are irrelevant. Progressivesim is the current status quo in the media, universities, our tax system, how we approach free speech, how we treat police, every aspect of society. 

Status quo in the media? Like with how much CNN tried to warn people of Bernie Sanders' ability to be elected, or Fox News? Not sure what you mean by the tax system either, not how we approach free speech, considering that a lot of speech is allowed, people calling out others on their speech is not curtailing free speech.

the-pi-guy said:
contestgamer said:

Polite is very relative. Whats base level polite here in NYC is sure as heck not polite in many other places I've been to.

It has to do with a specific portion of politeness.  

Be considerate of people with different ethnicities or religion.  

If someone is making fun of someone for being Christian, that's "politically incorrect." 

If someone calls someone a "fat women", that's "politically incorrect."

contestgamer said:

Not really, because the current status quo is a progressive authoritarian empire. So if what you said was true I'd pay more attention to instances of non progressive abuses, which exist, but unfortunately the real existential crisis atm is progressive oppression. 

No it isn't.  Even the Democrats are a right wing party.  Progressives make a small, but very vocal segment of it.  

Yeah that's the problem. Being fat in most cases if a choice of habits. People Christian is a choice. I should be able to make fun of both things

VGPolyglot said:
contestgamer said:

Administrations are irrelevant. Progressivesim is the current status quo in the media, universities, our tax system, how we approach free speech, how we treat police, every aspect of society. 

Status quo in the media? Like with how much CNN tried to warn people of Bernie Sanders' ability to be elected, or Fox News? Not sure what you mean by the tax system either, not how we approach free speech, considering that a lot of speech is allowed, people calling out others on their speech is not curtailing free speech.

The Berkeley protests against non progressive speakers. We have a progressive tax system, where the rich pay more than the poor. Maybe not as progressive as you want, but much more progressive than I want. It's certainly not a flat, fair tax system. The big TV media isn't progressive, but most of the online media is.

Well once the doomsdayers reailse how retarded they are they may realise how sexy she looks in one lol.

Around the Network
Cobretti2 said:
Well once the doomsdayers reailse how retarded they are they may realise how sexy she looks in one lol.

Sexism detected. 

contestgamer said:
VGPolyglot said:

The Berkeley protests against non progressive speakers. We have a progressive tax system, where the rich pay more than the poor. Maybe not as progressive as you want, but much more progressive than I want. It's certainly not a flat, fair tax system. The big TV media isn't progressive, but most of the online media is.

A protest against non-progressive speakers? What would they have to protest for if it was already the status quo? And man, so you literally mean progressive tax system Actually, I'm against the idea of taxes at all, and of course now you backtrack that most big TV media isn't progressive, emphasis on big because it once again begs the question of how it's the status quo like you supposedly claim it is.

the-pi-guy said:
contestgamer said:

Yeah that's the problem. Being fat in most cases if a choice of habits. People Christian is a choice. I should be able to make fun of both things

Being a Christian isn't a choice.  You can't just choose to believe or not believe something.  

Being fat isn't always a choice either.  It's certainly not a choice people make.  

Actually belief is a choice. It's a hard choice to change, but it is a choice. Many have chosen to leave it. Being fat is almost always a choice too. I walk on the treadmill 2 hours a day and do 1 hour weights and eat ketogenic diet for 2 years now. I no longer eat anything processed, ever, even in a social gathering. I went from out of shape to inshape. If everyone was super dedicated to losing weight and getting in shape they would be. I have overweight family members that work out for 15 min a day and still eat a bunch of carbs and tell me they cant lose weight. BS.

Kalkano said:
The vast majority of people who cry "racist" are racist. The vast majority of people who cry "sexist" are sexist.

At least she's not caving, and is refusing to apologize, since she has nothing to apologize for.

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Keep posting my friend, you have good sense and I miss that about this place sometimes.

"You should be banned. Youre clearly flaming the president and even his brother who you know nothing about. Dont be such a partisan hack"

the-pi-guy said:
contestgamer said:

Yeah, enormous social pressure to be "polite". No thanks.

How dare society tell us there's a respectful to act?

There's always social pressure to be polite.  You expect people to be nice to you regardless of what you do?  Call people "fat" and they should smile and say "thank you, sir."  If that's not what you expect, welcome to PC.  

Aeolus451 said:

No, it's not. Being polite is just being polite. Being PC is following the dogma of progressivism.

Give me some examples of what you think are PC.

Why? Even the definition of pc explains it well enough. It only pertains to certain groups rather than people in general. Even then politeness has nothing to do with it. The attempt at redefining racism and invention of colorism are prime examples of being pc/progressive. The concept of culture appropriation is pc.