Forums - Sales Discussion - UK Software Sales - April 22nd to April 28th, 2018

Individual formats

All formats

Others:

TOP 20 PLAYSTATION 4

TOP 20 XBOX ONE

TOP 20 NINTENDO SWITCH

TOP 20 NINTENDO 3DS

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)
Around the Network

Superb second week for god of war. This game will be a sales beast. Only 35% drop. Far cry 5 ps4 number 2 is very surprising considering labo launch.

great hold for God of War, mostly great word of mouth but Amazon's issues may have also played a part

Kerotan said:
Superb second week for god of war. This game will be a sales beast. Only 35% drop. Far cry 5 ps4 number 2 is very surprising considering labo launch.

Yeah I noticed that 35% drop as well. With both games and movies, 70+% drops from first to second week are average. 35% is almost unheard of, from everything I’ve seen. I had a feeling GoW would have good legs due to word of mouth and the perception change from bad to good only a week before release, but I never would’ve guessed only a 35% drop. Here’s to hoping it’s similar elsewhere as well, rather than it being due to the UK’s Amazon stock problem (even worse than US’s). 

Sounds like a good start for Labo over there. With it being #3 in both charts!

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network
Jranation said:
Sounds like a good start for Labo over there. With it being #3 in both charts!

I think Hiska-San on resetera said it opened less then bayonetta did week 1. Pretty sure he was on about UK but not sure. 

Not a bad opening for Labo seeing as football and violence are the preferred genre's in the UK.

zippy said:
Not a bad opening for Labo seeing as football and violence are the preferred genre's in the UK.

If someone would release football hooligan simulator they'd break all records in the UK 

Kerotan said:
zippy said:

If someone would release football hooligan simulator they'd break all records in the UK 

Lol yes! I think it would even outsell GTA

Mar1217 said:
pitzy272 said:

Yeah I noticed that 35% drop as well. With both games and movies, 70+% drops from first to second week are average. 35% is almost unheard of, from everything I’ve seen. I had a feeling GoW would have good legs due to word of mouth and the perception change from bad to good only a week before release, but I never would’ve guessed only a 35% drop. Here’s to hoping it’s similar elsewhere as well, rather than it being due to the UK’s Amazon stock problem (even worse than US’s). 

Are we sure ? I would be interested to see the drop between FW and SW with PS4 1st Party titles actually.

I think their legs might be usually better in that market.

No, I’m not sure; I can’t speak for everything. It’s much harder to observe with games, bc numbers don’t consistently get released like thy do for movies. But for the drops I HAVE seen, it’s been a 70-80% drop. For the biggest movies, it goes around the (EDIT) 50-60% range. It’s the movies with amazing word of mouth that have the most impressive/lowest declines week one to week two, but I don’t recall ever seeing that low of a drop, other than when the second week occurred during the Dec 25 to early Jan timeframe.

Last edited by pitzy272 - on 30 April 2018