By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Shadow of the Tomb Raider gets new trailer - and some disappointing previews

I like the reboot and rise, but seems like the 3rd will be a turd.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

2013 tomb raider was good as it followed the uncharted model. I got it free with ps plus and enjoyed it. That was enough TR for me though. Haven't bought the new one and won't be buying this one. The series needs a break.

I'm just annoyed that were still in the origin story. This is not sounding good

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

why can't it be like Uncharted story-wise?

(I know, I know, shut up)

*Looks at sig*
One of the last games I've played on both PS4 AND XBO is RotTR. I even took a break from GoW to play it. This Shadow is going to be one of my favorite games of the year, if not GotY. I've already made up my mind.

Around the Network

*Looks at sig*
One of the last games I've played on both PS4 AND XBO is RotTR. I even took a break from GoW to play it. This Shadow is going to be one of my favorite games of the year, if not GotY. I've already made up my mind.

"However if this hour is representative of the rest of the game then go in expecting a linear rollercoaster with some nice views and a score somewhere in the 50s or 60s from PC Gamer."

Lol, if only PC Gamer reviewed the Uncharted games.

I'm a bit confused. Some of the complaints are being considered as new ... but ... they seemed to be a problem in Rise of the Tomb Raider as well? Grimdark and always taking itself seriously? That was the same with Rise of the Tomb Raider and I don't think it was different for the original reboot game either. Lara being one note and uninteresting? That was DEFINITELY true in ROTTR. I haven't played the original game but it's weird that they're acting like there's some tonal shift. The only complaint I somewhat get is that it's a tonal shift to have her not want to kill people in the first two games but then be fine with killing in this game. However I don't know if that's really a "tonal shift", it's a trilogy origin story, there was obviously giong to be some progression that made her more violent. 

Honestly this just sounds like the same problems that ROTR (and I assume 2013) had. Nothing new. I kind of hope Crystal Dynamics delays the game, i'm actually rather surprised they didn't sort out these issues by now.

CGI-Quality said:
d21lewis said:
*Looks at sig*

I play/own it all on all three (PC/PS4/1X)! I win!

Aww man... 😢

So basically it sounds exactly like the first two games. I loved reboot and rise, so I would be down with that.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.