By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Shadow of the Tomb Raider gets new trailer - and some disappointing previews

This is being developed by Eidos now right?

Around the Network

"dramatic corridors powered by quicktime events don't cut it in 2018" -- PC Gamer

Yeah, that's never cut it for me, regardless of the year. It's why I dropped the first game after like an hour. If this game is like that then it's not on my radar at all.

Also, Eurogamer whines more than a toddler. I have zero faith in their reviews.

Ugh, those previews are somewhat concerning. I really hope Eidos didn't screw this up too much. I have lost faith in them after how disappointing Mankind Divided was.

The last good TR game was Underworld in 2009

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

Was looking forward to it but now I'm not certain I will buy it before price cut. Don't like the DLC stuff.

Around the Network

Cutscene coordinators has me waiting for this on the cheap, if not passing on it.

pokoko said:
"dramatic corridors powered by quicktime events don't cut it in 2018" -- PC Gamer

Yeah, that's never cut it for me, regardless of the year. It's why I dropped the first game after like an hour. If this game is like that then it's not on my radar at all.

The first game is definitely not "corridors powered by QTEs". There's a lot of exploration involved.

Signature goes here!

I don’t get the big deal about the picture detailing the different editions. I mean, yeah, it sucks that games have come to this, but it’s not as if there’s anything egregious there. You have your standard edition, a season pass, a digital deluxe version with extra irrelevant content that’s probably $10 extra, an “ultimate edition” with the game and season pass, and the collectors edition.

God of War just came out and has a standard version, a digital deluxe version, a collectors edition, and a super collectors edition. All it’s missing is the season pass, which I guess they’ll opt for the Horizon route and just have one meaty expansion. Forza came out last year and has loads of versions. Far Cry just came out and has everything this Tomb Raider has.

I’m still playing through Rise and it’s prety great. I welcome an even darker tone.

The trailer doesn't even show actual gameplay unfortunately. I know that I'll eventually get this down the line some day as I have all of the main Tomb Raider games, however I guess I'll end up waiting until there's a complete edition or the price gets a lot lower considering all of the different versions there are.

TruckOSaurus said:
pokoko said:

The first game is definitely not "corridors powered by QTEs". There's a lot of exploration involved.

The opening was QTE after QTE, which especially sucks on PC.  My first deaths were to QTE rocks.  After that came button prompt platforming.   Then it opened a bit and ... I died to a QTE-infected wolf.  That's when I quit and never went back.  It completely took me out of any kind of immersion.  Maybe that's not representative of the entire game but that's the first impression that it worked to build.