By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Very nice this. Is it okay to give feedback via Discord?

Around the Network
TalonMan said:
Look - I know some people will REFUSE to like it, @Kirby007 still bitches TODAY about the "blue" site from 2006! Just give it some time to marinate.

Hell - the first thing I did when I came back in October, was get those blasted forum icon colorings sorted out so they'd be consistent and there were TONS of people screaming for them to stay broken, just because that's what they were used to seeing... :(

Don't worry man, you are doing good work. Keep it up. I mean, I hated youtube when they changed all of their layouts last year, I'm used to it now (even if I have to scale it so the videos fit and don't leave white space randomly).

Personally there are a few font size changes, I'd make the the top menus to look better or more consistent (15px or 1.6rem, not 17px based on broswer width). Plus .subMenu > div > div.heading { font-size:15px } so it matches the 'seeAll' class.

I'll leave now, get back to my actual job.

Hmm, pie.

TalonMan said:
Look - I know some people will REFUSE to like it, @Kirby007 still bitches TODAY about the "blue" site from 2006! Just give it some time to marinate.

Hell - the first thing I did when I came back in October, was get those blasted forum icon colorings sorted out so they'd be consistent and there were TONS of people screaming for them to stay broken, just because that's what they were used to seeing... :(

I do like a 2006 option, lets put it on top of the sheet!

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Don't really like it, but I'll have to live with it.

Nothing against the layout of this site per se, just that those "mobile friendly" layouts never worked for me in general. When you're on a computer, it was already big enough as it was, now it's just too big and bulky. But hey, that's the norm by now.

TalonMan said:
Ka-pi96 said:

So? I don't like it and I'm not going to pretend to. I would have liked it to have been an option so I could have continued to use the old one. Oh well, what do I care I won't be a member of this site anymore if it comes to the forum anyways.

You do realize it's almost EXACTLY the same as the old site - right? Just wider and responsive for mobile - that's it...    ...oh, and some extra niceties added in, for good measure.  :/

That's hardly true. Font size is significantly larger, which heavily contributes to it looking extremely busy.

I'm still waiting for a response to my first post.

SW-5120-1900-6153

Around the Network

it looks great.

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
TalonMan said:
Kerotan said:
I think mine is fucked up. How do I dump the cache

What browser do you use?

I tried that and it's still the same? Are you on discord. I could send you a few screenshots. Or maybe it's meant to be the way I'm seeing, it's really skinny with everything underneath each other. 

Looks fine until an advert on the mobile site drops in and starts tearing the shit out of everything, site is still effectively unusable on mobile for me and that's with a 720p 6inch screen.

I say unusable, I mean it's not practical to use, the adverts are completely intrusive and bandwidth heavy changing far too often to try to get the most revenue, I would think anyone who chooses to advertise here should actually visit this site and see the state that their adverts appear to the users, any product I see jamming over the submit button or just ruining a page would never be something I would be interested in looking at, it's bad publicity they way they're handled.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

TalonMan said:
Ganoncrotch said:
Looks fine until an advert on the mobile site drops in and starts tearing the shit out of everything, site is still effectively unusable on mobile for me and that's with a 720p 6inch screen.

I say unusable, I mean it's not practical to use, the adverts are completely intrusive and bandwidth heavy changing far too often to try to get the most revenue, I would think anyone who chooses to advertise here should actually visit this site and see the state that their adverts appear to the users, any product I see jamming over the submit button or just ruining a page would never be something I would be interested in looking at, it's bad publicity they way they're handled.

It HAS to be a regional thing or something, because I hardly EVER have such issues with ads beyond the usual "they are ugly and distracting" kind of stuff. They've NEVER prevented me from using the site and the only one that ever really got in my way (the one that appeared in the left column, covering the buddy) - I simply clicked the "close" button on the ad and there was no problem.

I just wonder how it is that peoples experience can vary so WILDLY...   :(

I'll see if I can screenie it next time, but yeah adverts here in Ireland cover the Submit and Preview buttons and the video one which appears can decimate my phones performance to the point where auto correct doesn't properly work in the text entry, that is the reason why the fucking thread title of my Marvel Movie thing had spoilers incorrectly spelled simply because it's not possible for me to change that on mobile, absolutely feels shit when you make a post on here from mobile because I hate my posts having errors in them which I can't do anything about.

Edit - Will point out, I don't require auto correct to not typo.... otherwise my posts from PC would be littered with mistakes, but the actual auto-correct drops half completed words into the middle of others, while a video covers the text area so I cannot see what is being written, it is to all intents and purposes, unusable.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

I cannot click on the icon on the top right to log in. I can only login once in the forums.