By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware 14 April 2018

Is there a way to receive a notice at the very moment when the Weekly Hardware Chart comes out ?

Or maybe it's available always at the same time each week ?

I would really appreciate it if someone could tell me how to know the moment the chart is available.

I would like to beat my friends and be the first to tell them the new hardware sales each week !

Thank you!

Around the Network
FentonCrackshell said:
PS4 is a f***ing monster!

Indeed.Hoping they handle the PS4-PS5 transition well, and don´t make the kind of mistakes that haunted them going from the PS2 to PS3.

JRPGfan said:
loy310 said:
Did the PS4 ever hit 70% market share this gen?

Its "only" around 60% right now..... XB1+NSW makeing up the rest.

I would say if it didn't hit it then it was/is extremely close since the Wii U was the console of the generation to be honest. I know that is not a popular opinion but the Wii U was the console for this gen and the Switch is the leader for next gen. At least that is how I look at it anyway. But either way sales are very good.

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

Switch is a monster. Still doing around 200k in the weakest sales period with only Kirby released so far.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

Yakuza AND GoW hype train incoming!

Predicted 15+ million lifetime-sales for God of War:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=234612&page=1

Around the Network

Same as usual.

My prediction in 2021.

SW: 30m

PS5 16m

XBS: 7.5m

trunkswd said:

Here are the hardware sales for the week, since they haven't posted on the front page yet:

• PS4 - 208,953
  • NS - 192,964
  • X1 - 101,83
  • 3DS - 52,129
  • PSV - 3,715

Thanks for the hard work you do, its greatly appreciated but i just wanted to point at that it seems as though Switch is overtracked so far this year.

Just going based off the 3 regions Nintendo breaks down sales into, Japan, Americas & Other.

NPD has it at ~860k as of April 7, adding in Canada & Latin America puts that up to ~1 million for the Americas.

Media Create has it at ~725k in Japan putting Japan+Americas at ~1.7 million.

Now comes other, in terms of quarterly shipments other has fallen in between Japan & Americas each quarter (closer to Americas) so based on that something around 850-900k seems likely.

That would put global sales in the ballpark of ~2.6-2.7 million as of April 7 while this site has it at 3.2 million.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

The calm before the storm for PS4... wonder just how big of a boost God of War will give it.

FentonCrackshell said:

I read "PS4 is a fucking molester" for some reason .... 

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
FentonCrackshell said:

I read "PS4 is a fucking molester" for some reason .... 

Then their latest game features a half-naked man prancing through the woods with a young boy I can understand the assumption lol. 

PC GAMING: BEST GAMES. WORST CONTROLS

A mouse & keyboard are made for sending email and typing internet badassery. Not for playing video games!!!