By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS4: God Of War Biggest Launch In Series History [UK]

bananaking21 said:
BraLoD said:
So not as much as U4?

Half of as uncharted 4

Uc4 190k

Horizon 120k

Gow 90k

U4 and Horizon released Tuesday. GoW friday.

Around the Network
PEEPer0nni said:
bananaking21 said:

Half of as uncharted 4

Uc4 190k

Horizon 120k

Gow 90k

Bingo, 4 days vs 1. Also, with Amazon having horrendous stock issues I imagine the digital sales are very high too.

GribbleGrunger said:

God of War on PS4 is the fastest selling title in the franchise' history.

It has sold over 35% more units in its first week than the previous best, 2010's God of War III.

And it has already overtaken the previous major Sony exclusive this year - Shadow of the Colossus.

It isn't the only success this week. The new Yakuza title - Yakuza 6: Song of Life - arrived on PS4 and debuts at No.3. It is the biggest launch for a Yakuza game yet. It beat the previous best - 2017's Yakuza Kiwami - by 300 units.

https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2018-04-22-uk-god-of-war-launch-is-the-biggest-in-the-series-history

Awesome news for every gamer, single player fan and developer - so much quality is rewarded :) Both games deserve it!

Let's not start with the Tuesday Vs Friday thing again.

According to Era it should be around 80-100k

Around the Network

Well, did the other GOW release on a friday too?

I hope people saying GoW has less days as an excuse realize the vast majority of sales come on the first day.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

PEEPer0nni said:
bananaking21 said:

Half of as uncharted 4

Uc4 190k

Horizon 120k

Gow 90k

Horizon released Wednesday actually. Not as if it would make much difference. The vast majority of first week sales would come on day 1, especially for an established franchise like GOW, so a couple of days more or less is largely irrelevant.

LipeJJ said:
I hope people saying GoW has less days as an excuse realize the vast majority of sales come on the first day.

Hmmm geeee it's almost like it's not an excuse if they're literally comparing the game to games that factually DID release on a tuesday

no surprise. this gow is gonna be the highest selling gow in the franchise. win for single player games

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick