By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - "FF7 Remake Aims To Exceed Original" SE Update

The Fury said:
But isn't it supposed to be the original?

Oh, right sorry, modern SquEnix. Forgot.

yup,the classic square logic lol

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Around the Network
gergroy said:
DonFerrari said:
I just hope that when they remake FF IX they just do the sensible choice to just up polycount, increase the pixels, improve texture and revamp the CGIs... just touch up the graphics and keep everything else just as is, perhaps 1-2 years dev time.

They already did that when they put it on the ps4...

The PC Port is a shameful example of upping the graphics.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

I can’t help feel SE are trying far to hard with this remake. We just want the game we played 20 years ago as if it was made on current consoles, the same world, the same story, the same battle system just upgraded and not changed.

PSN ID: Stokesy 

Add me if you want but let me know youre from this website

This remake will be JRPG Masterpiece !

Well when the sights are off as bad as theirs are, they will never hit their target.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Around the Network

At least we need a release date, I think this game will go to PS5

As long as they dont ruin it trying to be fancy

What a silly thing to say. Of course the remake is going to exceed the oriiginal otherwise it would be pointless remaking it in the first place.

StokedUp said:
I can’t help feel SE are trying far to hard with this remake. We just want the game we played 20 years ago as if it was made on current consoles, the same world, the same story, the same battle system just upgraded and not changed.

"upgraded and not changed"

Damned if they do, damned if they don't.

KLAMarine said:
StokedUp said:

"upgraded and not changed"

Damned if they do, damned if they don't.

No, he means re-balanced with minor tweaks, instead of changing the entire freaking genre like they've chosen to do.  If it's not a Turn-Based RPG, it's not Final Fantasy 7.

Currently Replaying: Baten Kaitos