Forums - Gaming Discussion - "FF7 Remake Aims To Exceed Original" SE Update

What update ? this is from a career ad lol

And from this, in the article :

"First of all, we learn that the team is aiming at a “new creation” that isn’t just a simple remake, and the project is in full-scale development to create “a game that exceeds the original” Final Fantasy VII."

" It involves “creating a new worldview while protecting concepts familiar to the players.”

"The game will be “A new Final Fantasy with action elements added to traditional strategy”." we already knew this

"We also learn that “staff members that worked on numbered Final Fantasy games have been joining the team one after the other” and doing so is “an opportunity to create a new Final Fantasy that won’t end with just the remake.”

People is bitching why ? What is wrong with what they said ? I guess no one read the article then.

For the others:

Art looks fantastic

Around the Network

FF VII is too big in scope to be remade in present day and age. It will be only FF VII or is SE planning to remake VIII and IX?

Its absurd how Square mismanaged FF and KH. KH was a smash hit and they destroyed its momentum by focusing on making too many spin-offs for too many plataforms, I dont know what they were thinking. I still believe that of Square focused on making KH 3 instead of spin-offs we could have gotten KH3 last gen.

I just hope that when they remake FF IX they just do the sensible choice to just up polycount, increase the pixels, improve texture and revamp the CGIs... just touch up the graphics and keep everything else just as is, perhaps 1-2 years dev time.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Square hasn’t made a good game in over a decade in my opinion. I’m sure the only improvement this game will offer is better graphics. Everything else they do will mostly like be a significant downgrade. I have no faith in squares ability to make “improvements”... they lost sight of how to make fun games a long time ago....

DonFerrari said:
I just hope that when they remake FF IX they just do the sensible choice to just up polycount, increase the pixels, improve texture and revamp the CGIs... just touch up the graphics and keep everything else just as is, perhaps 1-2 years dev time.

They already did that when they put it on the ps4...

Around the Network
ClassicGamingWizzz said:

People is bitching why ? What is wrong with what they said ? I guess no one read the article then.

People are bitching because FF fans stuck in the mid 90s are some of the whiniest, most self-absorbed people in gaming.

TranceformerFX said:
Hiku said:

What is the comparison to FF XIII? It was not based on any previous game, so it had no original to exceed.

I'm not sure if you misread the article, or if I'm misunderstanding something.

I meant in terms of developing wait time. Where it gets announced, and then we wait another 5 years for it to come out. I know Square Enix isn't special in this case, but they're becoming the worst repeat offenders.

I see. I figured if you were referring to long development time, you'd pick FFXV as an example. But maybe that one took too long.

My hype for this game is the same as it was since day 1. IE: It doesn't really matter what they show or say until there is a release date. Even KH3 doesn't have a release date, despite the rumors for this year.

Last edited by Farsala - on 22 April 2018

gergroy said:
Square hasn’t made a good game in over a decade in my opinion. I’m sure the only improvement this game will offer is better graphics. Everything else they do will mostly like be a significant downgrade. I have no faith in squares ability to make “improvements”... they lost sight of how to make fun games a long time ago....

Nier: Automata was pretty damn good, and it was made by both Square Enix and Platinum.
As for significant downgrade, being able to explore every sector of Midgar, and getting to know Biggs and Wedge better sounds like an upgrade. It's fine to be pessimistic about the game considering how the last few FF games turned out, but expecting there won't be any improvements is exaggerating.

Farsala said:

My hype for this game is the same as it was since day 1. IE: It doesn't really matter what they show or say until there is a release date. Even KH3 doesn't have a release date, despite the rumors for this year.

They're not rumors, it's officially confirmed, like, the last few trailers had a "Coming 2018" at the end.