By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Could "DETROIT" be overshadowed by "GOD OF WAR"?

Luckily they are very different games as is common for playstation exclusives.

Around the Network

What really matter is the reviews and word of mouth for this game. Sony has marketed it well so far but after beyond people are on the fence. If it's good a lot of the fans of these types of games might get excited. Personally I'm gonna wait till it's a lot cheaper either way.

CuCabeludo said:
Detroit will be like all other games of this studio: a niche style.

Their last 2 games sold extremely well, Heavy Rain sold about the same as the best selling GOW (so far)

Preston Scott

God of war will effect every game this year but the industry will go on. Detroit comes out around 36 days after so most of the millions who buy god of war the first 2 weeks should have it finished by then and will be ready for a new game.

Of detroit can score one 80 on metacritic I can see it being a sales success.

DaveTheMinion13 said:
CuCabeludo said:
Detroit will be like all other games of this studio: a niche style.

Their last 2 games sold extremely well, Heavy Rain sold about the same as the best selling GOW (so far)

David Cage has thrown around this number to a clueless french journalist to prop himself up, and on all likehood does count people who already owned it on PS3 and bought it digitally for five bucks, or played it on PSN, or something to that effect. Give GOW the same "creative accounting" treatment and GOW 3 is probably at 10 million or something.

Around the Network

.....what's a Detroit?

I'm sure it will be, but for me at least, Detroit is the more interesting game.

Well I'm sure a good number of people who didn't expect they'd be interested in God of War now have it on their radar.
One month apart can affect people's wallets, but I think the effect will be minimal so long as Detroit is promoted well.

Last edited by Hiku - on 21 April 2018

Poor cover art will turn some ppl off

twintail said:
Poor cover art will turn some ppl off

This could be true, I'll admit it's actually put me off buying some games in the past, as small an issue as it may seem to some people, lol :P