By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Could "DETROIT" be overshadowed by "GOD OF WAR"?

What really matter is the reviews and word of mouth for this game. Sony has marketed it well so far but after beyond people are on the fence. If it's good a lot of the fans of these types of games might get excited. Personally I'm gonna wait till it's a lot cheaper either way.

Around the Network
CuCabeludo said:
Detroit will be like all other games of this studio: a niche style.

Their last 2 games sold extremely well, Heavy Rain sold about the same as the best selling GOW (so far)

Preston Scott

God of war will effect every game this year but the industry will go on. Detroit comes out around 36 days after so most of the millions who buy god of war the first 2 weeks should have it finished by then and will be ready for a new game.

Of detroit can score one 80 on metacritic I can see it being a sales success.

DaveTheMinion13 said:
CuCabeludo said:
Detroit will be like all other games of this studio: a niche style.

Their last 2 games sold extremely well, Heavy Rain sold about the same as the best selling GOW (so far)

David Cage has thrown around this number to a clueless french journalist to prop himself up, and on all likehood does count people who already owned it on PS3 and bought it digitally for five bucks, or played it on PSN, or something to that effect. Give GOW the same "creative accounting" treatment and GOW 3 is probably at 10 million or something.

.....what's a Detroit?

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:
I'm sure it will be, but for me at least, Detroit is the more interesting game.

Exactly how I feel. I pre-ordered them at the same time but this is the one I'm more excited for.

Overshadowed in that GOW will be the far superior game? Absolutely.

It's 5 weeks from launch, so I think it will be fine.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

It should overshadow it. Detroit is a much smaller profile game and it’s a David Cage game.

I would think it would be bad for GoW if it didn’t overshadow it. By that I mean for GoW to not overshadow it, GoW would have had to have been a disappointing game. Luckily that is not the case. People will still be playing and talking GoW next month when Detroit launches, and that’s a good thing.