By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - God of War is probably the best game of this generation so far

Just beat it

There really aren't any games more epic than God Of War. Its just so big and...well epic.

Around the Network
KLXVER said:
Just beat it

There really aren't any games more epic than God Of War. Its just so big and...well epic.

Always was xD

I'll have to say the Witcher 3 is the best game this generation. I have no doubt GOW is amazing however what really highlights such a claim for me is the lasting power of a title.

Also they keep saying the same thing about too many titles and now it's becoming white noise.

Cubedramirez said:
I'll have to say the Witcher 3 is the best game this generation. I have no doubt GOW is amazing however what really highlights such a claim for me is the lasting power of a title.

Also they keep saying the same thing about too many titles and now it's becoming white noise.

I agree that lasting power makes such a claim substantiated. But to say Witcher 3 is GOTG is wrong. It wasn't even the GOTY. Bloodborne and Batman: Arkham Knight were better than Witcher 3. Its got more content, but those games have more quality.

Witcher 3's lasting power was helped by its 2 DLC's which were timed right. To say they make the game better though, no they don't. Judge the base game by itself. They were great DLC's for sure. But even then Bloodborne: The Old Hunters was better than Witcher 3's DLC.

I haven't finished God of War to be sure, but it may be my GOAT. Its that good just 20 hours in the game.

GOWTLOZ said:
KLXVER said:
Just beat it

Always was xD

That's what I'm saying, yes.

Around the Network
KLXVER said:
GOWTLOZ said:

Always was xD

The way you said it I thought you were just talking about this one.

GOWTLOZ said:
KLXVER said:

Should maybe have said God Of War the series, since the new one is just called God Of War

Its hard to really compare an Open world game like Horizon to a more closed system like GOW 4 in the graphics department. GOW 4 can manage their resource budget way better since you can only go so far within the world. GOW 4 is more like a bunch of highly detailed rooms with connecting corridors compared to games like Far Cry 5 and Horizon.

KLXVER said:
GOWTLOZ said:

Should maybe have said God Of War the series, since the new one is just called God Of War

Yeah God of War is also on PS2 anyways, well atleast according to Metacritic.

Machiavellian said:
Its hard to really compare an Open world game like Horizon to a more closed system like GOW 4 in the graphics department. GOW 4 can manage their resource budget way better since you can only go so far within the world. GOW 4 is more like a bunch of highly detailed rooms with connecting corridors compared to games like Far Cry 5 and Horizon.

Its not a corridor game at all. Some of the areas are really big. They are all densely packed so you might not see their scale. Still Far Cry 5 and Horizon are so different in what they do that you can't compare them but visually God of War looks way more interesting especially because of the colours and HDR and it runs at 60fps on PS4 Pro to Horizon's 30fps.

GOWTLOZ said:
KLXVER said:

Yeah God of War is also on PS2 anyways, well atleast according to Metacritic.

Machiavellian said:

Its not a corridor game at all. Some of the areas are really big. They are all densely packed so you might not see their scale. Still Far Cry 5 and Horizon are so different in what they do that you can't compare them but visually God of War looks way more interesting especially because of the colours and HDR and it runs at 60fps on PS4 Pro to Horizon's 30fps.

Definitely can't wait to get a Large 4K tv that supports HDR.