By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Why are there so many XBox 360 haters on gaming forums?

ps3 fans are getting high off of the exclusives games for 2008

this is NOTHING compared to what ps3 went through last year though. there would be biased-as-fcuk vids on youtube comparing ps3 and 360. 360 would be the favourited one.

i guess its the 360's turn.

also they dont like shitty hardware

Around the Network

Probably becaue it's American, and the US isn't particularly popular nowadays.

People are still bitter over the first Xbox's short shelf life. While the Xbox has/had a pretty good library of games, it didn't even last four years. And seeing as it was the most expensive of the last-gen consoles, people were expecting more from it. Much of that bitterness has carried over to the 360.

That's all she wrote, really.

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

Reasonable said:
Don't really know but I think sometimes its down to the following:

a) said 'hater' is a Sony or Nintendo fan already from previous generations

b) said 'hater is already an MS hater as MS is far from a popular company

c) MS is seen as a hostile, US company using money and brash tactics to push into the videogame industry

d) MS is seen as using unfair tactics - buying exclusive DLC, backing HD to harm BR rather than because MS believed in HD, etc. (note I'm not saying they are unfair, only that others do find them so)

e) RROD and 'stealing' of PC games genres and gamers to consoles (based on the massive skew of its big titles to classic PC FPS / Online genres)

f) The fact it didn't 'give up' when it should have based on relative failure of Xbox

g) Just because...

Basically, all of these are points I was going to state myself.

What I'll add, is that most of the time, the quality of a console is determined by the quality of the games, but there are few really massive exclusives for the 360, and the RRoD has made the 360 out ot be the console with the most inherent problems when taken purely on its own.

also, my personal take on the 360 is that while it may have good quality games, those games don't have much personality. I'd be hard pressed to explain what exactly I mean by that, but it's at least 50% of the reason that I prefer Nintendo, where I get games like Metroid, No More Heroes, Brawl, Twilight Princess, and other stuff like that.

Seppukuties is like LBP Lite, on crack. Play it already!

Currently wrapped up in: Half Life, Portal, and User Created Source Mods
Games I want: (Wii)Mario Kart, Okami, Bully, Conduit,  No More Heroes 2 (GC) Eternal Darkness, Killer7, (PS2) Ico, God of War1&2, Legacy of Kain: SR2&Defiance

My Prediction: Wii will be achieve 48% market share by the end of 2008, and will achieve 50% by the end of june of 09. Prediction Failed.

<- Click to see more of her

Xbox 360 haters on this site? Must be your imagination.

Around the Network

To answer the OP's original question. They are are a lot of gamers, PS3 owners in particular, that hate the fact that the 360 has the games they want and the system they forked over more money does not. Anytime an exclusive game gets announced for 360, PS3 owners have a fit. Especially if its a JRPG.

Grey Acumen said:
Reasonable said:
Don't really know but I think sometimes its down to the following:

a) said 'hater' is a Sony or Nintendo fan already from previous generations

b) said 'hater is already an MS hater as MS is far from a popular company

c) MS is seen as a hostile, US company using money and brash tactics to push into the videogame industry

d) MS is seen as using unfair tactics - buying exclusive DLC, backing HD to harm BR rather than because MS believed in HD, etc. (note I'm not saying they are unfair, only that others do find them so)

e) RROD and 'stealing' of PC games genres and gamers to consoles (based on the massive skew of its big titles to classic PC FPS / Online genres)

f) The fact it didn't 'give up' when it should have based on relative failure of Xbox

g) Just because...

Basically, all of these are points I was going to state myself.

What I'll add, is that most of the time, the quality of a console is determined by the quality of the games, but there are few really massive exclusives for the 360, and the RRoD has made the 360 out ot be the console with the most inherent problems when taken purely on its own.

also, my personal take on the 360 is that while it may have good quality games, those games don't have much personality. I'd be hard pressed to explain what exactly I mean by that, but it's at least 50% of the reason that I prefer Nintendo, where I get games like Metroid, No More Heroes, Brawl, Twilight Princess, and other stuff like that.

Wow, you are complaining about the lack of personality?  Nintendo has been milking mario's personality for 20 years!

AND METROID!

AND ZELDA!

AND POKEMON!

AND KIRBY? (lol)

Only No more heros is an original, and it wasn't published by nintendo.

THAT'S IT? WOW NINTENDO, YOU are DIVERSE.

Sony is better than nintendo, at least they don't rely on one franchise forever. (gran turismo is heading into that direction though)

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Strategyking92 said:
11ht11 said:
Strategyking92 said:
11ht11 said:
Strategyking92 said:

Because, people that own nintendo's and ps3's don't have our game selection and have to spend more time on here.

EDIT: i posted in your other thread.

You should make a thread called: why so many nintendo haters? People will be like, WTF?

so your one of those haters too?

yes, only because I have a wii and know how crappy it really is.

did you get one because you got the RRoD? and you only have wii sports

I got the when it launched, Nov. 2006.

I got my xbox360 9 months later.

I don't just have wii sports, look at my real gaming collection dim-wit.

im talking about your wii games,

I won't comment about other sites but I get the impression that the 360 has the least support of all three consoles in these forums. It seems like there are a lot more Sony supporters than Microsoft fans, but clearly, Nintendo gets the most support here.

@Strategyking 

I think you are getting personality and originality mixed up. You can keep making Mario games until the world explodes and make them with personality.