By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - LABO defeating 'God of War' in Japan

God of War has never been popular in Japan, this isn't shocking

Around the Network

not suprised for japan, but i think in the west it will be different😉

To be fair, after the GameStop comment on Labo,people were quick to label it as a flop. This just proves there is a market for it and an opportunity to do well. It will get obliterated by God of war in the west, im choosing God of war over it. However it doesn't mean Labo won't do well in its own right.

bubblegamer said:
lol moving goals much? Where is the thread where it was supposed to outsell it everywhere?

This thread are facts. While those threads were predictions. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Knack defeated Call of Duty in Japan, please be excited.

Around the Network

Have you seen God of War's sales history in Japan? It's incredible how poorly the games have sold up until this point. Hopefully the new one turns it around

Medisti said:

Have you seen God of War's sales history in Japan? It's incredible how poorly the games have sold up until this point. Hopefully the new one turns it around

It won't. It's done pretty poorly on COMG. When all is said and done, it might become the best selling in the franchise, but I'd guess it won't even cross 200k either way.

Teeqoz said:
Medisti said:

It won't. It's done pretty poorly on COMG. When all is said and done, it might become the best selling in the franchise, but I'd guess it won't even cross 200k either way.

Yep. The fact that the only PS4 I was able to buy around my place in Japan was the Pro GoW LE tells quite a lot... There were way more visuals in the store about Persona 3/5 Dancing (with the trailers non-stop on a TV) than about GoW.

bubblegamer said:
lol moving goals much? Where is the thread where it was supposed to outsell it everywhere?

Quite a number of hypocritical responses indeed. 

Particularly for some who saw nothing wrong with a thread that implied Labo wasnt doing well  because someone said so on Resetera and which required a mod edit of the title which wad factually misleading.

This thread too is misleading though......it should mention that this is only from Amazon. Deserves an edit too IMO.

Please change op to "cannibalise gow" for the sake of the vgc meme.

Thx.