By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan sales (Week 15): Media Create/Famitsu/Dengeki - April 9 - 15, 2018

peachbuggy said: 

Home systems do not have a touchscreen? So the Wii u was a portable or handheld then? You're finding some neat ways to deconstruct your own psychology!

At this point I think that he just has that signature to be ironic at this point ... 

Maybe we should deconstruct his bias.

Around the Network
AngryLittleAlchemist said:

peachbuggy said: 

Home systems do not have a touchscreen? So the Wii u was a portable or handheld then? You're finding some neat ways to deconstruct your own psychology!

At this point I think that he just has that signature to be ironic at this point ... 

Maybe we should deconstruct his bias.

He has it to be ironic yet not only is it plain false it is also unironic! Deconstructing his bias would be a wonderful idea if even possible!

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

peachbuggy said:

It's a part of the peripheral (same with the Dreamcast gamepad), not the main unit itself ... 

But since you guys are so insistent on comparing the Switch to home consoles despite major pieces of evidence pointing otherwise I'll leave things as is ... 

I find it hilarious that you guys are accusing me of bias when you and the others here are more than guilty of trying to make a predilection for the Switch ... 

fatslob-:O said:
peachbuggy said:

It's a part of the peripheral (same with the Dreamcast gamepad), not the main unit itself ... 

But since you guys are so insistent on comparing the Switch to home consoles despite major pieces of evidence pointing otherwise I'll leave things as is ... 

I find it hilarious that you guys are accusing me of bias when you and the others here are more than guilty of trying to make a predilection for the Switch ... 

No-one is trying to make predilections for the Switch, we are telling you it like it is but you refuse to understand because it doesn't fit your agenda.

Your whole premise is ridiculous and you are only making the Switch out to be a portable system to suit your argument. If the Wii u had done well in Japan and the 3ds had flopped, no doubt you would be trying to pigeonhole the Switch into being a home console only now, as that would fit your narrative. I'm sure you don't  believe the Switch is a handheld yourself even. You are just using that narrative to give yourself ammo for making its accomplishments/sales look bad in Japan. Many people have put you straight on it, yet you still find any way to insist it's a handheld. Well, Nintendo classify it as a hybrid, NPD class it as a home console. 2 companies that know a hell of a lot more about it than you and also 2 companies with no ulterior motives, using laughable metrics just so as to suit your laughable "Argument". I'll put it into inverted commas due to it not even being an argument. Pretty sure you are just using your self-imposed "Metric" as a means to an end to make it look to others that the Switch is doing worse than it actually is. Due also to your obvious and transparent bias.

The Switch is neither a handheld or a home console. It is BOTH!

Last edited by peachbuggy - on 22 April 2018

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

peachbuggy said:

No-one is trying to make predilections for the Switch, we are telling you it like it is but you refuse to understand because it doesn't fit your agenda.

Your whole premise is ridiculous and you are only making the Switch out to be a portable system to suit your argument. If the Wii u had done well in Japan and the 3ds had flopped, no doubt you would be trying to pigeonhole the Switch into being a home console only now, as that would fit your narrative. I'm sure you don't  believe the Switch is a handheld yourself even. You are just using that narrative to give yourself ammo for making its accomplishments/sales look bad in Japan. Many people have put you straight on it, yet you still find any way to insist it's a handheld. Well, Nintendo classify it as a hybrid, NPD class it as a home console. 2 companies that know a hell of a lot more about it than you and also 2 companies with no ulterior motives, using laughable metrics just so as to suit your laughable "Argument". I'll put it into inverted commas due to it not even being an argument. Pretty sure you are just using your self-imposed "Metric" as a means to an end to make it look to others that the Switch is doing worse than it actually is. Due also to your obvious and transparent bias.

You mean you guys are playing it up like it is, right ? Cause I ain't the one with the agenda when past evidence backs me up ... (you guys got nothing and that's why rol weaseled out with a strawman excuse as well

@Bold You don't know what Nintendo would've done in that situation so that's just speculation on your part and even supposing if everything else had stayed the same including the Switch's design you didn't see me shy away from the fact that I acknowledged that the WII was still a home system despite the fact that their previous home system was a failure, now did you ? Explain why it would be any different with the Switch ? 

NPD doesn't class it as a home console, it's just a game console but they don't specify whether it's home or portable so their wording is ambiguous and you're also wrong about Nintendo having no ulterior motives since they are NOT an INDEPENDENT SOURCE!!! (cannot use a first party information as a cited source so that the integrity remains of published material) 

The rest of your post including the last line especially shows how out of touch are ... 

Last edited by fatslob-:O - on 25 April 2018

Around the Network
peachbuggy said:

You mean you guys are spinning it like it is, right ? Cause I ain't the one with the agenda when past evidence backs me up ... (you guys got nothing and that's why rol weaseled out with a strawman excuse as well

@Bold You don't know what Nintendo would've done in that situation so that's just speculation on your part and even supposing if everything else had stayed the same including the Switch's design you didn't see me shy away from the fact that I acknowledged that the WII was still a home system despite the fact that their previous home system was a failure, now did you ? Explain why it would be any different with the Switch ? 

NPD doesn't class it as a home console, it's just a game console but they don't specify whether it's home or portable so their wording is ambiguous and you're also wrong about Nintendo having no ulterior motives since they are NOT an INDEPENDENT SOURCE!!! (cannot use a first party information as a cited source so that the integrity remains of published material) 

The rest of your post including the last line especially shows how out of touch are ... 

Actually they do, otherwise statements like this would be incorrect when NPD reporting is done “Nintendo Switch remains on a record-setting sales pace. Over the first twelve months in market, Nintendo Switch has achieved the highest installed base for a console platform in history.”

As the GBA a handheld has sold more. 
Last edited by Acevil - on 23 April 2018

Acevil said:

Actually they do, otherwise statements like this by them would be incorrect “Nintendo Switch remains on a record-setting sales pace. Over the first twelve months in market, Nintendo Switch has achieved the highest installed base for a console platform in history.”

Then I guess they made an incorrect assessment ? 

Still ambiguous wording of whether they meant home or portable console ... 

Acevil said:

Actually they do, otherwise statements like this by them would be incorrect “Nintendo Switch remains on a record-setting sales pace. Over the first twelve months in market, Nintendo Switch has achieved the highest installed base for a console platform in history.”

Then I guess they made an incorrect assessment ? 

Still ambiguous wording of whether they meant home or portable console ... 

It is hybrid (Both Home Console and Portable), but they (Nintendo and NPD) have treated it like a home console than handheld in terms of reporting. Also I think you are being too stubborn.

Acevil said:

It is hybrid (Both Home Console and Portable), but they (Nintendo and NPD) have treated it like a home console than handheld in terms of reporting. Also I think you are being too stubborn.

I say those things are mutually exclusive and maybe I am being stubborn but when anybody puts some effort into their assertions (just like you did when you're arguing against quickrick) it's expected that the reasonable position is to be defensive up until to a point either a conclusion or no conclusion of the dispute is reached ... 

Acevil said:

I say those things are mutually exclusive and maybe I am being stubborn but when anybody puts some effort into their assertions (just like you did when you're arguing against quickrick) it's expected that the reasonable position is to be defensive up until to a point either a conclusion or no conclusion of the dispute is reached ... 

I lately have apathy towards arguing in long drawn out sentences with sources, if they want to bother they can. I also personally do not really care that strongly if you view it either way personally, because it can be whatever you want it to be. If you want to use/view it home console you can, you want to use/view it portable you can. If you want both, well you can.