By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Dark Souls Switch delayed to Summer 2018

RaptorChrist said:
VGPolyglot said:

I didn't say anything about asking too much, obviously people should demand more out of the publishers/developers and I'm fine with people critiquing them. What I meant is more on a personal/emotional level, I think the best approach is to continually demand for more while also not expecting it so that the blow won't be so bad when something like this does happen.

One can't simply choose to not expect something, though. Expectations will occur regardless of what you try and do.

But hopefully this wasn't a huge blow to anyone. People: It's only the Switch version that's getting delayed!

The Switch has only been out for one year, so I find it hard to believe that there are more than just a handful of people who only own a Switch and no other console. And if you're interested in a remastered version of Dark Souls, you're probably looking towards a more powerful console anyways, otherwise you might as well just play the original.

Yes, expectations do occur automatically, that's why continuous self-analysis is important. We have to understand ourselves and consciously condition ourselves to change.

Around the Network
Shiken said:

I am slowly reverting back to buying all multiplats on my PS4 unless I NEED the portability for the game. Other than that, I guess I will be using my Switch for Switch exclusives from here on out.

I am about as optimistic as they come when it comes to concessions for portability and waiting for the Switch versions of games. However the delayed release dates are starting to become a real problem for me. This does not affect me much as I was passing on it anyway, but there are many others that do and the news of it all is putting a bad taste in my mouth.

Yes I know they need the extra time, yes I know it is still early in the Switch's life...but a lot of these games should not need to be delayed. Dark Souls is a PS3 game FFS, and seeing how LA Noir was day and date with the PS4 remaster, there is no excuse for games like this.

It is really becoming appearent that 3rd party games are an afterthought on Switch to make a quick buck from the rapidly growing install base, and I cannot support that.

I still love my Switch and will still have a ton of games to play on it, but I will say that it is good to be a multiplatform gamer so I do not get caught up in these unnecessary delays.

If things improve in the following years, I will revisit the topic. However as it stands for now...

Switch=Nintendo exclusives
PS4=Everything else

*opens a lawnchair, opens popcorn, and sits down and awaits Nintendo fans to lecture me, and everyone else to tell me they told me so*

Coming from the most optimistic man on the Internet, you seem like a major downer. Also, I'm exposing you as the Sony fanboy you are. You're part of the problem.

VGPolyglot said:
RaptorChrist said:

One can't simply choose to not expect something, though. Expectations will occur regardless of what you try and do.

But hopefully this wasn't a huge blow to anyone. People: It's only the Switch version that's getting delayed!

The Switch has only been out for one year, so I find it hard to believe that there are more than just a handful of people who only own a Switch and no other console. And if you're interested in a remastered version of Dark Souls, you're probably looking towards a more powerful console anyways, otherwise you might as well just play the original.

Yes, expectations do occur automatically, that's why continuous self-analysis is important. We have to understand ourselves and consciously condition ourselves to change.

Is that what was going through your mind that one night when you really wanted to play Wrestlemania as a kid?

RaptorChrist said:
VGPolyglot said:

Is that what was going through your mind that one night when you really wanted to play Wrestlemania as a kid?

Are you referring to the Smackdown vs. Raw story I told here?

VGPolyglot said:
RaptorChrist said:

Too soon? :(

Around the Network

I'm more sad that the amiibo is getting delayed than the game itself >.>

hopefully it wont release in July.

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

RaptorChrist said:
VGPolyglot said:

I wouldn't say too soon, but I'm just not understanding the relevance.

VGPolyglot said:
RaptorChrist said:

I wouldn't say too soon, but I'm just not understanding the relevance.

It was a joke. A terrible one at that. :(

Would it help if they clarified the problem? Also are people blasting the social media of theirs like mad about it yet?

The Democratic Nintendo fan....is that a paradox? I'm fond of one of the more conservative companies in the industry, but I vote Liberally and view myself that way 90% of the time?

Im disappointed to be honest. I've only bought 3 Switch games released this year as it's been mainly Wii U games I've played to death for this first half. Dark Souls was going to kick off a run of must have Switch purchases. It's made my decision to get Detroit become human easier now I suppose.