By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - God of War «destroyed Gamestop’s projection», «200%+ more than goal»

Will you buy GoW?

Yes, day one 45 54.22%

Yes, eventually 31 37.35%

No 7 8.43%

Total:83
BraLoD said:
pitzy272 said:

Hold on, everything I’ve heard about U3’s sales on ps3 involved a number around 6.8 mill. Are you sure that 21mill number didn’t include the ps4 remaster?

Yes, it was to promote its announcement that they talked about the numbers of the trilogy.

People were in doubt if the 21M number involved Golden Abyss or the phone game, but I clearly remember they mentioning it being just for the trilogy.

Oh, that number? Yeah, I thought for sure it included Golden Abyss. 

Around the Network
Intrinsic said:
bananaking21 said:

Harmless?? Harmless?? You know damn well that comparing gun gal 2 and GoW turns the forums into a console war like no other! Don't play Mr innocent on me!

whats a gun gal?

I hate it already simply because it has a 'G' in its name. How dare they? 

Dammit... it has an "a" too. Sony should patent the letters that spell God of War. Or at least the "G". I mean nintendo did it, how many franchises do you see that starts with a "Z"?

So that's what happened to Zool? 

Faelco said:
CalmFire said:
The next big release after this is Detroit (May 25th), so it will also have practically no competition until then.

This is gonna be massive.

You all forgot that Gal Gun 2 is releasing April 24th. Kratos only has 4 days under the spotlight!

Probably why it's smashing expectations, everyone knows they only have 4 days to buy and finish it. Come the 24th game stores will be littered with GoW boxes while there will be a conspicuous lack of Gal Gun 2! 

quickrick said:
i think this game could do over 10 million now easily.

It'll get to 10 million before BOTW does haha. 

PM ~ Sent

Last edited by CGI-Quality - on 18 April 2018

KratosDrake said:
Faelco said:

I hope for your own good that you will learn to lighten up and stop talking to others like that instantly.

why should i? your comment was clearly to trigger somme people, how can you compare a low budget anime game that no one gives attention, to a potential game of the year, sorry to hurt your feelings but some people rly like good games and dont eat all anime related crappy games like the one you refered before

Seriously...like wtf is gal ...what was it again????

Around the Network
pitzy272 said:
Farsala said:

This God of War is much different though.

Old God of War games required support from the american audience mostly. The extreme violence and sexuality and the genre was more american oriented.

This one will appeal to both US and Europe fairly equally and is more mass market oriented. Violence toned down but much more fluid and pretty, with no sexuality, open world of course appeals to everyone. With the high reviews and hype it has a good chance to match U4.

Exactly. I’ve been saying the same things. And I made a thread about all the reasons why I think GoW will sell gangbusters (http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=235469)

I don't know about 15m, but 10m definitely has a good chance. BTW ESRB did confirm no nudity. Its kind of interesting how games with nudity are drying up, but I suppose for the mass market, most first party publishers are correct in removing it for added sales. 3rd parties are another story.

It'd be a lot more useful if they actually said what their expectations were.

VGPolyglot said:

Unprecedented sales.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:
VGPolyglot said:

Unprecedented sales.

I feel like this is supposed to be a reference to something.

The hype is real......

That track alone has over 1M views...... and damn music just don't get any more epic than that. What people say about it is true... your beard will grow just listenning to it.

I almost wish they make a movie of this game, but games are already so bombastic that its nearly impossible to capture their essence in movies.