By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - God of War «destroyed Gamestop’s projection», «200%+ more than goal»

Will you buy GoW?

Yes, day one 45 54.22%

Yes, eventually 31 37.35%

No 7 8.43%

Total:83
DonFerrari said:
VGPolyglot said:
It'd be a lot more useful if they actually said what their expectations were.

Unprecedented sales.

Is that actually what someone said? Or are you just kidding?

Around the Network
Intrinsic said:

The hype is real......

That track alone has over 1M views...... and damn music just don't get any more epic than that. What people say about it is true... your beard will grow just listenning to it.

I almost wish they make a movie of this game, but games are already so bombastic that its nearly impossible to capture their essence in movies.

I've been saying since GoW1 in 2005 they need to make a movie from this franchise. It has actual potential to break the video game movie curse. Espeically now that Kratos as a character himself isn't so cartoonish and over the top, which would have been the biggest hurdle before for an effective film. 

HyrulianScrolls said:
Intrinsic said:

The hype is real......

That track alone has over 1M views...... and damn music just don't get any more epic than that. What people say about it is true... your beard will grow just listenning to it.

I almost wish they make a movie of this game, but games are already so bombastic that its nearly impossible to capture their essence in movies.

I've been saying since GoW1 in 2005 they need to make a movie from this franchise. It has actual potential to break the video game movie curse. Espeically now that Kratos as a character himself isn't so cartoonish and over the top, which would have been the biggest hurdle before for an effective film. 

Will.... If John wick could do all that because of a dog and car.... Then surely Kris has more reason to go on a rampage. So there is some workable material there. 

Preorders are bigger than FC5 PS4+XBO combined

https://www.resetera.com/threads/march-2018-npd-u-s-hardware-predictions-closes-tuesday-april-17th.34348/page-14#post-6884532
https://www.resetera.com/threads/march-2018-npd-u-s-hardware-predictions-closes-tuesday-april-17th.34348/page-14#post-6887067

VGPolyglot said:
DonFerrari said:

Unprecedented sales.

I feel like this is supposed to be a reference to something.

Yep, I think it was reggie with "unprecedent support"

pitzy272 said:
DonFerrari said:

Unprecedented sales.

Is that actually what someone said? Or are you just kidding?

I think Reggie said that at first couple months of Switch. But he actually got the past tense wrong.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
BraLoD said:
pitzy272 said:

But I think there are major identifiable reasons for that. When you have games like the first three GoWs, with nudity and such an excessive level of violence and gore, that’s going to alienate a very large group of people. Tbh, I’m surprised GoW sold as much as it did. Ontop of that, in GoW 3, where they had potential for a lot of growth going from ps2 to ps3, the combat at that point, at least to some degree, felt a bit outdated. 

Gow 3 sold close to what Uncharted 3 did (around 6mill), so that’s really not a big difference. But NOW, the new GoW has fixed all the negatives of the other GoW games, so I think it can absolutely outsell Uncharted 4. 

Uncharted has been on a constant rise.

1 sold 5.5M

2 sold 7.5M

3 sold 8.0M (confirmed to be 21M for the trilogy)

4 sold 10M+

GoW has never sold that much, has always been very hyped and high reviewed like that.

There is no indication GoW can outsell UC4, even as I sure hope it does.

I think taking nudity out is a big deal for sales. There are plenty of parents who would look at the ESRB and see "nudity" and make that a determining factor. Me personally it is a major +. I play games in front of my kids a lot and I find games with nudity to be a pain. Like the Witcher 3 or Dragon Age inquisition were okay, I just looked up the spots where there was nudity and waited til the kids were in bed to play those parts, but in more story driven games it becomes more difficult. 

UC never had nudity, and his similarities to say Indiana Jones made it easy for parents to go with it, also a T rating helped there too. 

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

tokilamockingbrd said:
BraLoD said:

Uncharted has been on a constant rise.

1 sold 5.5M

2 sold 7.5M

3 sold 8.0M (confirmed to be 21M for the trilogy)

4 sold 10M+

GoW has never sold that much, has always been very hyped and high reviewed like that.

There is no indication GoW can outsell UC4, even as I sure hope it does.

I think taking nudity out is a big deal for sales. There are plenty of parents who would look at the ESRB and see "nudity" and make that a determining factor. Me personally it is a major +. I play games in front of my kids a lot and I find games with nudity to be a pain. Like the Witcher 3 or Dragon Age inquisition were okay, I just looked up the spots where there was nudity and waited til the kids were in bed to play those parts, but in more story driven games it becomes more difficult. 

UC never had nudity, and his similarities to say Indiana Jones made it easy for parents to go with it, also a T rating helped there too. 

I agree with you 100%. Similar for the excessive “violence for the sake of violence” in past titles. 

Sh1nn said:
Preorders are bigger than FC5 PS4+XBO combined

https://www.resetera.com/threads/march-2018-npd-u-s-hardware-predictions-closes-tuesday-april-17th.34348/page-14#post-6884532
https://www.resetera.com/threads/march-2018-npd-u-s-hardware-predictions-closes-tuesday-april-17th.34348/page-14#post-6887067

Benji seemed less certain of this, but he brought up the PC sales. The original guy, who claims to have insider info for Gamestop nationwide, agreed that he can’t speak to the PC sales with his original quote (tho he did say ps4 + XBO to begin with). 

Later in the thread, Benji said:  “So, it's possible GoW may face some wide spread shortages at launch. Depends what sell through is like but shipments don't look like they are equaling what demand will be imo 

Also the GoW Pro is pretry limited all things considered. Wide spread sell outs likely within 48 hours”

In response, Mat Piscatella (NPD Insider) said:  “So, I think we can go to high confidence that GoW will be the biggest exclusive launch on PS4 so far. Only question is how high is the sky.

That means >2.7 mill first week to surpass Uncharted 4. 

EDIT:  link:  https://www.resetera.com/threads/march-2018-npd-u-s-hardware-predictions-closes-tuesday-april-17th.34348/page-16