By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Death of the Virtual Console as We Know It

Miyamotoo said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:

Oh. Good arguments. Those points are irrefutable. Nevermind, I change my mind. You're right. 

Now I again don't know are you serious or sarcastic. :D

I don't know how I could be sarcastic. How could I possibly disagree with such well-formed arguments? I mean, even if I could, which I can't - I would have no way of rebutting them. So thank you sir for showing me my wrongful ways, now I will not have to suffer the embarrassment of being wrong on the internet. 

Around the Network
AngryLittleAlchemist said:
Miyamotoo said:

Now I again don't know are you serious or sarcastic. :D

I don't know how I could be sarcastic. How could I possibly disagree with such well-formed arguments? I mean, even if I could, which I can't - I would have no way of rebutting them. So thank you sir for showing me my wrongful ways, now I will not have to suffer the embarrassment of being wrong on the internet. 

Careful there, you might break him.

OT: Full collections, as said, have been around even on the Wii, and that didn't stop a thing. While I am not a fan of overpaying for single emulated roms, the OP is not evidence that VC is dead.

all i know is i’ll be waiting for sales for most of the games i’ve already bought at least twice via vc on wii and wii u. and even then, i’ll be buying them somewhat reluctantly.

All I want is GameCube games, those haven't been given the virtual console treatment before and it would be quite a fresh experience playing them again I think. I don't care how we get them, via virtual console, subscription or even individual remasters. I just want to play Mario Sunshine, Double Dash, Star Fox Adventures, 1000 year door etc all over again and with the ability to play them on the go.

Bofferbrauer2 said:
AlfredoTurkey said:
Meh... all of it, virtual console included is pointless for me due to in-put lag. Even the SNES Classic lags compared to the original games on a CRT. So, I really don't care either way.

Well, that's because CRTs don't have an input lag, but all LCD/Plasma/OLED do. As far as I heard, if you connect the NES Mini to a CRT TV (there exist a handful with a HDMI connector, otherwise you'll need an adaptor) there's no lag anymore.

I've played  alotta Virtual Console games in teh past and never noticed a serious input lag....

I was able to beat Zelda II and every NES Megaman game with no problem, which I imagine would suffer greatly from input lag.

Around the Network

They could port the NES collection (games on the NES mini) and SNES collection (games on the SNES mini) to the Switch.

I prefer to play these old games on a small display instead of a 50'' - 70'' TV with huge pixels. Plus portability.

Ideally VC returns and purchases will be playable on future devices as well. Not possible with physical packs like this.

Not that there aren't advantages to this too.

I'd be sad to see traditional VC go away. I hate PSNow. Honestly, it angers me just to think about it lol.

Retro Tech Select - My Youtube channel. Covers throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."

Latest Video: Top 12: Best Games on the N64 - Special Features, Episode 7

Nintendo VC... it isn't dead but it ain't looking good.

Darwinianevolution said:
As long as the games end up coming to the console, does it really matter if they don't come in an unified VC format?

I say no it does not!

I think it could potentially mean more collectors packages being released at ultimately lower prices than buying each game individually as a digital download. This would be ideal for series' like Castlevania, Final Fantasy, Earthbound, and even Donkey Kong Country.