By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - US, UK and France launch attack on Syria, including its capital Damascus

John2290 said:
Kerotan said:

No they won't. 

When the US launches a strike on a Russian ally with nothing more than media here say, they already are. They're waging a fucking proxy battle for months now. Surely the US has no interest in Assad having control in Syria. This is escalating way to quickly and aggressively, whether it is labeled open war or not is redundant, it's still a fucking war and it is going to mean more attacks for us in Europe and a greater war in the middle east. War is war, no matter where it's fought and this is dangerously close to having Global consequences, if the US were dupped here or there is other agendas at play this is ball shriving stuff.

They've been doing that since the cold War. This is nothing knew. 

Around the Network
Darwinianevolution said:
What I'm really curious about is why Asad decided to use chemical weapons now. Pretty much the only major red line most countries established is the use of said weaponry, and he just went and used it now that he was actually winning the war against the ISIS. What's the motivation?

Had the same thought myself.

Darwinianevolution said:
What I'm really curious about is why Asad decided to use chemical weapons now. Pretty much the only major red line most countries established is the use of said weaponry, and he just went and used it now that he was actually winning the war against the ISIS. What's the motivation?

Whatever the reason the end result is to escalate confrontations between Russia and US/allies. The end goal for anti US rebles in this conflict is to kill as many americans as possible, they have mostly succeeded. We at the point now where we have petagon backed and funded rebels fighting against cia backed and funded rebels, its a nut house over there and Trump just played right into the trap. 

ironmanDX said:
So a leader of the country, Assad used chemical weapons (supposedly) and now the response is to bomb a city...

How do these people become our leaders?

Dont worry Trump will start a war down there over it.

And the real reason for the conflict:
Russia makes money from selling gas to europe.
America wants to keep russia weak, economically, so to go after russia, they ll run a pipe from Qatar -> iran -> syria -> turkey -> sell in europe.

Russia is like "we dont want this, you guys are clearly doing this to hurt our economy" so they support the faction thats against running pipes through syria.

America doesnt care if there "supposedly" was a gas attack, or who did it (we still dont know for sure).
Yet its quick to place blame, and star a war over this, all to get at russia.

Darwinianevolution said:

Who cares about burden of proof.....  if they need to "make up" reason to justify attacking they will.
Remember the Saddam? they made a fake report (on behalf of the us) and used it to justify the invasion.
He clearly had weapons of mass destruction and was a threat to the entire world... . except he wasnt, and didnt have any weapons.

Last edited by JRPGfan - on 14 April 2018

HomokHarcos said:
So how can Americans and Europeans support this war and then complain about Syrian refugees?

We wouldnt if the refugees coming here <are from syria but they are only 15% of the ones coming here, the rest are mainly economic refugees

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

Around the Network

Well, I made it though another night without being woken up by an atomic shockwave. Good morning everyone.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Darwinianevolution said:

Lol about "winning against ISIS". This is an organisation that shows up and disappears within days. You might have heard that ISIS was driven from all of their cities in the east. Guess what, as soon as the Syrian troops (and their associated cronies) left the "reconquered" area, ISIS was back in town.

As far as chemical weapons go, terror against the population is an old war mechanism. It sorta started with Sherman's March to the Sea, and has been used ever since. Assad is reasonably safe because a) nobody gives a shit abot dead Syrians b) Russia really wants to keep their naval base in the Middle Sea so they make sure nothing really happens to Assad.

Whoever you believe, the raids last night were either a) a complete miracle success (Trump)  b) a more or less complete failure (pretty much every blogger taking pictures on site). It is pretty much clear that whatever facilities (might) have been destroyed can be rebuilt/relocated within a day or two. The only way to send a message to Assad (and his closest "friends") is to totally bomb whatever they personally own.

I wish they hadn't initiated this action, i have become a firm believer that the West should stay out of matters in the Middle-East because no matter what we do the region will never improve. We can't keep making a choice to either support cruel dictators or theocratic totalitarians

A repetition of last year's events, some buildings were destroyed but no casualties.

Important point, Assad has won the war and regime change is off the table, so no more escalation.

Of course msm and the uniparty want more war, so the complain about the 'lack of strategy' aka regime change like Libya.

http://thehill.com/policy/defense/383142-mccain-applauds-syria-strikes-says-full-strategy-still-needed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwrETbBQ1DM

Last edited by numberwang - on 14 April 2018

That science center, according to some, is actually a university.