Forums - Sony Discussion - Prediction: God of war will sell over 10 million copies

pitzy272 said:
ZODIARKrebirth said:
if horizon reached 8 mil in its first year as a new ip, there shouldn't be a problem for god of war, "at least the promise was made"😉

Clarified that. 

HZD could end up reaching 10-12 million lifetime.

right, forgot to put this😂



Around the Network

Yeah,maybe.



A whole week from release, and this is what the charts show for GoW:

Gamestop: #1, 3, 12, 23, 27

Amazon: #1, 17, 27, 35, 39 (no idea how the LE console is still on here; it’s been constantly sold out for weeks)

Best Buy: #1, 2, 3, 21

Not sure if this will hold leading up to release (think the special editions will sell out!), but if so, all the more affirmation that this game is going to be massive.

Last edited by pitzy272 - on 13 April 2018

pitzy272 said:
TruckOSaurus said:

Uncharted went from 6.8m on PS3 to 10m on PS4, that's a 47% increase in sales. So I'm going to give that to God of War which puts it at 7m (4.8m was GoW best sales before) and add another 1.5m for the positive buzz around it and settle with 8.5m.

For the record, I wouldn't mind being proved wrong.

Uncharted 4 is gonna end with closer to 12 million. As for GoW 3, didn’t Sony announce it sold somewhere around 5.5-6mill?

Uh.. shame on me for using VGC's numbers then. I might have to up my guess to 9m then.



Signature goes here!

I think this is locked now, the hype is off the charts since the reviews hit. And this game should have insane word of mouth. The question is can it hit 15?



Around the Network
HyrulianScrolls said:
I think this is locked now, the hype is off the charts since the reviews hit. And this game should have insane word of mouth. The question is can it hit 15?

No numbers, no lock. 

I know hype is immense but let's get down to earth and wait 'n see the results.



Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

VGPolyglot said:
Maybe 10 million, but I see that more as the ceiling rather than the floor.

It'll do close to 10 million in its FIRST year! Over 9 million for sure, that's my prediction.



StreaK said:
VGPolyglot said:
Maybe 10 million, but I see that more as the ceiling rather than the floor.

It'll do close to 10 million in its FIRST year! Over 9 million for sure, that's my prediction.

Agreed. After Horizon did 8 million in its first year, I’d be more surprised if GoW—with all the things it has going for it—DIDN’T do 10 mill in its first year. And preorders seem to be clearly confirming how big its sales will be. GoW has had 3-5 individual SKUs all in the top 40 on Amazon, Gamestop, and Best Buy since 2 days ago—8 days from release. Current placings:  Gamestop:  #1/2/8/16/22; Amazon:  #1/17/42; Best Buy:  #1/2/5/34

Last edited by pitzy272 - on 14 April 2018

Mar1217 said:
HyrulianScrolls said:
I think this is locked now, the hype is off the charts since the reviews hit. And this game should have insane word of mouth. The question is can it hit 15?

No numbers, no lock. 

I know hype is immense but let's get down to earth and wait 'n see the results.

I mean it sold out on Amazon for pre-orders a full week before release. That doesn't happen too often. Obviously first week sales are looking to be huge. The PS4 is now a near 80m install base system, meaning first week sales for a game with this much buzz could blow through the roof. 



It can at least do 10 million LT.