Forums - Website Topics - PM Overhaul

Has PM performance improved?

Yes 3 37.50%

No 1 12.50%

I don't use stupid PMs! 4 50.00%

Total:8

It feels smoother.

Around the Network

Now bots can send me abusive messages faster.
Thanks, Talon.

The bots seem to be sending the same thing "y".
Just hash the message and block or auto-report anyone that sends that.
There really isn't a legitimate reason to be sending a single lower case letter: ever, really.

Last edited by caffeinade - on 12 April 2018

So, some things I'd like to see added:

- Support for other languages/writing systems (as of now writing in Chinese/Japanese/etc. just results in random numbers)

- Have Facebook-like PMs where you can send/message multiple people/have the group PMs on the bottom of the page that you can click between while on other pages

- The ability to add/remove people from a PM chain (maybe the person who started the PM chain?) along with the ability to remove yourself from a PM chain

- I may have some other ideas afterwards too.

VGPolyglot said:

- Support for other languages/writing systems (as of now writing in Chinese/Japanese/etc. just results in random numbers)

- Have Facebook-like PMs where you can send/message multiple people/have the group PMs on the bottom of the page that you can click between while on other pages

- The ability to add/remove people from a PM chain (maybe the person who started the PM chain?) along with the ability to remove yourself from a PM chain

Making it easier to send PMs to several people is an excellent idea.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

JEMC said:
VGPolyglot said:

Making it easier to send PMs to several people is an excellent idea.

I think that improving the PMing/social media aspect of the site will really help drive more activity here.

Around the Network
TalonMan said:
I've seen requests for sending to multiple people - but that functionality already exists, no??

What I mean, is that the way it currently is, when you start a group PM with multiple people, after that you cannot add/remove people, and they cannot remove themselves. So, if someone doesn't want to keep getting message notifications they can't really do anything, and if you want someone to be able to see the PM history you can't really just add the person into it, I guess you'd have to start a new group PM and inform them of what was discussed up to that point.

I'd kinda like a spam filter as I receive 4-5 pms a day that always have the same ~4 different titles. Setting those as a filter to automatically delete them would be nice.

Please, message mass deletion talonator!