By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - IGN: God of War is a masterpiece and one of the most impressive games ever

tripenfall said:
I think we will find this is a very.....VERY good game and a reminder why PS4 is smoking the XBone.
I have to say the visuals are incredible but maybe the combat looks a bit simple?
Anyway I'm looking forward to the game....

The previous games had simple combat. If anything, the combat is finally NOT simple lol. That's my take on it anyway.

Note: Can't believe this game actually comes out on a FRIDAY!!! Dammit, still debating whether or not to buy it now or a bit later. Still haven't finished Horizon but I feel like GOW is something that'll be easier to finish as Horizon just feels "overwhelming" at times. I love single player games with a focused, linear objective. And it seems like GOW's team did a marvellous job in designing the world giving it that sense of openness while remaining linear.

Last edited by StreaK - on 19 April 2018

Around the Network
BerriJammi said:
I might have to give this series another chance.

I enjoyed GoW well enough to finish it, I skipped 2 and returned the series with the third game. That game I found to be completely unengaging with terrible, boring characters and an even more uninteresting story. I put that game down deciding I was done with that series. The fact that this seems to be a reboot for the brand and seeks to deliver a longer and deeper story is the biggest attraction for me.

I actually never played God of War. Not a hack and slash player for the most part. And I went mostly of gameplay videos to make that decision. 

Based on gameplay videos I think this might be a game for me. So I am getting it. 

It will be my 1st GoW but I am not too worried about not getting the story or something based on what I have read the previous games were not too deep in that area so probably not missing much.

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

tokilamockingbrd said:
BerriJammi said:
I might have to give this series another chance.

I enjoyed GoW well enough to finish it, I skipped 2 and returned the series with the third game. That game I found to be completely unengaging with terrible, boring characters and an even more uninteresting story. I put that game down deciding I was done with that series. The fact that this seems to be a reboot for the brand and seeks to deliver a longer and deeper story is the biggest attraction for me.

I actually never played God of War. Not a hack and slash player for the most part. And I went mostly of gameplay videos to make that decision. 

Based on gameplay videos I think this might be a game for me. So I am getting it. 

It will be my 1st GoW but I am not too worried about not getting the story or something based on what I have read the previous games were not too deep in that area so probably not missing much.

The GoW franchise actually has a surprisingly good story that has quite a bit to it. The reason the past games don't get much credit for their story is because of their over the top cartoon-ish characterizations. Especially of Kratos. 

Can't spell ignorant without IGN.

Oh, wait, when did that stop being a thing?

NintendoPie said:

I don't think it ever did, but people are just celebrating a good props.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
KazumaKiryu said:
ZODIARKrebirth said:
i'm always happy for developers that put really hard work in a game, can get positive reviews at the end...because it's not only a satisfaction for us, but for all the people that were involved making such a great game

Good words :) Thats true, its awesome for the games/console-industry, for the player and developers/publisher = for all :) every gamer should support quality :)

: D

👍

My girlfriend is really sad. Pre-ordered this way back when it was announced. Got the disk from Amazon and now my PS4 is throwing disk read errors ... she was really looking forward to this game. I joked that I might just buy a Pro with my tax check but am seriously considering it now.

NintendoPie said:

Probably around the time Breath of the Wild came out. 

Veknoid_Outcast said:

This isn't about journalistic integrity or due process. It's about marginalizing negative reviews so that your favorite games will secure high scores. You're part of the problem, I'm afraid.

You're right, and thank you for actually coming out and saying this. This is clearly a problem with modern reviewers ... people want them to be "real" but then get upset when they express an actual opinion. Since you're an actual writer, it is nice to see you acknowledge this and say it upfront. It is a problem and it needs to stop. You have my gratitude. 

AngryLittleAlchemist said:

Probably around the time Breath of the Wild came out. 

Guess we'll just go with it from now on, then.