By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - God of War review thread - Meta: 94 OC: 95

Got a 98 now, hoping a few more 10’s will put it at 95 again

Predicted 15+ million lifetime-sales for God of War:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=234612&page=1

Around the Network
the-pi-guy said:
Azuren said:

Couldn't be that he just doesn't care for more mature themed games?

Trends don't always indicate correlation. For example, high ice cream sales trend with higher shark attacks. Not because sharks hate ice cream, but because ice cream is eaten more in the summer and people also swim more in the summer.

There's different reviewers at Gamecritics.  

The reviewer that didn't like Bloodborne's biggest complaint was that it was too hard.  

The biggest complaint about GoW seems to be that it's too long and that he doesn't like the type of quests.  

Then it seems like they're reviewing games they don't intend on liking from the get-go.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

75 is good enough for it to get back to 95. The real issue is QT3. If he decides to review it, it’s gonna stay at 94.

Azuren said:
Errorist76 said:

Gamecritics : PS exclusives: 
Bloodborne 92 meta -> 70 Gc 
Uncharted 4 93 meta -> 50 Gc 
Horizon ZD 89 meta -> 65 Gc 
Uncharted TLL 84 meta -> 65 Gc 
NieR Automata 92 meta -> 65 Gc 
Persona 5 93 meta -> 65 Gc 

So much for that “trust” issue.

Trends don't always indicate correlation. For example, high ice cream sales trend with higher shark attacks. Not because sharks hate ice cream, but because ice cream is eaten more in the summer and people also swim more in the summer.

Don’t tell me you think that a 5/10 for Uncharted 4 is in any way justifiable.

Same goes for the others.

Even though reviews always are to an extent subjective, professionalism dictates that reviewers should at least TRY to stay objective.

This is in no way the case with all those games. If they work like that they clearly shouldn’t review games.

And they especially shouldn’t be listed on MC.

They clearly have an agenda, don’t try to justify it.

If it's any consolation pretty much all of the very highly rated games of the past two gens have these anomalies knocking them down a point or two.

One thing I've noticed is they often come a week or two after the reviews stop appearing, which really makes me think it may in part be about getting as much attention as possible. I recall with BotW it was at 98 for some time until, a couple weeks in, two 70's and a 60 suddenly appeared. Just seems suspicious that the most anomalous reviews often appear to target releases that would result in the least competition for attention.

Around the Network
Johnw1104 said:
If it's any consolation pretty much all of the very highly rated games of the past two gens have these anomalies knocking them down a point or two.

One thing I've noticed is they often come a week or two after the reviews stop appearing, which really makes me think it may in part be about getting as much attention as possible. I recall with BotW it was at 98 for some time until, a couple weeks in, two 70's and a 60 suddenly appeared. Just seems suspicious that the most anomalous reviews often appear to target releases that would result in the least competition for attention.

Of course. It’s pure click-bait. I didn’t do them the favour. The pattern is clear and people were expecting a low troll score from this site for days. Tells you more than you need to know. This site should be blacklisted.

Errorist76 said:
Azuren said:

Even though reviews always are to an extent subjective, professionalism dictates that reviewers should at least TRY to stay objective.

This is in no way the case with all those games. If they work like that they clearly shouldn’t review games.

A 5/10 can be justifiable, it could be a 5/10 in that the reviewer recommends it to 50% of people, enjoyed the game 50% of time, etc.

VGPolyglot said:
Errorist76 said:

A 5/10 can be justifiable, it could be a 5/10 in that the reviewer recommends it to 50% of people, enjoyed the game 50% of time, etc.

Sure man...strange goal posts you’re moving there for them.

Errorist76 said:
VGPolyglot said:

Sure man...strange goal posts you’re moving there for them.

Different reviewers use different meanings for their scores, you call their 5/10 unjustifiable yet game reviews are subjective, so of course it's justifiable, it's based on personal experiences with the game.

Errorist76 said:
Azuren said:

As someone who regularly has unpopular opinions, I can understand how he would dislike a popular game. That said, it's not like they never favorably score Sony games. Shadow of the Colossus, Ni no Kuni 2, and Street Fighter V all received 80+ from them. Not only that, but they've given low-than-average scores to high profile Nintendo games, too, such as an 80 for for Mario Odyssey and Kart. They've also scored some Sony exclusives higher than their MC, such as Toukiden 2.

You're looking at some of the higher profile games without noting their similarities and accusing them of rating only Sony games well below the normal scores. But the fact of the matter is the group is intentionally being an outlier in their scores. As a result of that, I do feel there is some merit to wanting them removed from Metacritic.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames