By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - God of War review thread - Meta: 94 OC: 95

Loving it so far. Couple of hours in and I'm impressed.

Around the Network

Angry Joe review was extremely high praise and entertaining. There are spoilers but I really enjoyed it after id completed the game

pitzy272 said:
Nate4Drake said:

Quarter to Three do not even deserve to be talked, and I’m amazed they are not banned from metacritic; my opinion. At this point it doesn’t matter, isn’t it? Any new review coming out now would sound suspicious...to say the least..

I feel the same way. They’re pathetic, and the fact that they’re accepted on Metacritic is mind boggling. 

Yep; it goes beyond human understanding :D

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

John2290 said:
JRPGfan said:

Angry Joe said it was the "highest possible of 9's" but he found minor faults, that kept him from giveing it a 10/10.

So if it was on a 100 scale, that would be like a 99/100.

On a 10 scale its a 9 outta 10 though.

The Highest of 9's :)  (9/10)

Basically 99/100 score.

Wouldn't the highest 9 be a 94 or 95 as anything over 96 would mean rounding it to 10.

If they could round, they would have given a 10.  But they can't, so they couldn't give a 10, but they said it's the highest of 9's : 97, 98 ? Just my guess...

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

John2290 said:
Hiku said:

Nostalgic in what sense? Were the older games structured the same way, or were the "princess in another castle" moments in the new God of War throwbacks to specific moments that occurred in the older GoW games? Like the black fog he referenced.

There'd always be something that would interrupt kratos, for example he dies and goes to hell in GoW 1 and has to escape from it, lots of those moments where he'd nearly there and has to work back up, and it wouldn't feel like GoW in the same way uncharted wouldn't feel like uncharted if you didn't nearly die every second or third climb. It all adds to the vibe of the soft reboot, love it. Regardless though, Joe is welcome to criticize it and it is a valid critique, just not from me.

Kratos dies in all three main games. Wonder if he'll die again this time (don't tell me!!)

Signature goes here!

Around the Network
TruckOSaurus said:
John2290 said:

There'd always be something that would interrupt kratos, for example he dies and goes to hell in GoW 1 and has to escape from it, lots of those moments where he'd nearly there and has to work back up, and it wouldn't feel like GoW in the same way uncharted wouldn't feel like uncharted if you didn't nearly die every second or third climb. It all adds to the vibe of the soft reboot, love it. Regardless though, Joe is welcome to criticize it and it is a valid critique, just not from me.

Kratos dies in all three main games. Wonder if he'll die again this time (don't tell me!!)

It depends on how good you are. 

The game is at 94 now.

pikashoe said:
The game is at 94 now.

NOOOOOOOOOO

'It’s ironic that a story about the value of discipline and restraint would feel like it needs more time in the editing room, but that’s the new God of War – promising but aimless. I like the new Kratos, but I hope his next adventure is more focused than this, and I pray that it actually gives him something interesting to do'

LOL. I've been very critical about whether this game should be called a masterpiece or not but it's definitely not a 75/100 and that comment doesn't in any way ring true of the overall experience, in fact it's getting such high praise largely because it's the complete opposite.

That write up doesn't sound like a 75/100 either. It's almost as if they've given it the lowest score they dared. 

Last edited by GribbleGrunger - on 28 April 2018

The PS5 Exists. 

The troll reviews will now strike. Doesn’t matter what’s important is the sales. :)