By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Does God of War's Hype Exceed Uncharted 4's?

God of War vs Uncharted 4

God of War 33 57.89%

Uncharted 4 24 42.11%

Total:57

There definitely seems to be more hype for the new God of War, I think it's because GoW is such a huge reinvention for the series, also it's been 5 years since the last (and extremely underwhelming) GoW game so we're craving another great addition to the series and one looks to be ticking every box and then some! I have the collector's edition pre-ordered, 9 days to go! :D

Around the Network

I'd say not even close. I see mixed feelings on GOW,whereas I saw nothing but super hype for Uncharted.

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Well, from an advertising perspective, I can safely say I've been blitzed with more GOW content than I was with UC4. Both online ( mostly on youtube ), as well as on TV. I feel they've been pretty been pretty even in terms of coverage by the gaming press, and honestly, might give the edge to UC4 in that regard. Tough call.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

There seems to be some excitement for GOW, but it doesn't come close to Uncharted 4. Hype was massive for that game

uncharted is a formulaic game that is held up by production value. almost as overrated as zelda.

Moderated ~ CGI

Around the Network

Who knows? Uncharted might win due to being the first big PS4 exclusive but I think GOW probably has more traction do to the bigger install base and also the complete innovation of the franchise. Wasn't GOW for a while the most viewed E3 game ever?

I felt more hype in the air leading up to UC4. Old fans wanting more of the old style may have something to do with it. That reveal sure was priceless, though...

I'd say so. It's been a long time since GoW3. The gamers are thirsty. I know we had ascension but that didn't have much hype.

I remember more people were unanimously excited about Uncharted 4, whereas some are apprehensive about the style shift of the new GoW. I don't think it matters, really. It just means some are being a little more cautious and waiting to hear news of how the game is before they jump in.

Medisti said:
I remember more people were unanimously excited about Uncharted 4, whereas some are apprehensive about the style shift of the new GoW. I don't think it matters, really. It just means some are being a little more cautious and waiting to hear news of how the game is before they jump in.

i think equal number of people were apprehensive abt UC4 when amy henning left the project, then neil & Bruce were blamed for that. and people were afraid that these two will make UC4 more grounded like The last of US, which i kind of agreed after playing the game.