By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Does God of War's Hype Exceed Uncharted 4's?

God of War vs Uncharted 4

God of War 33 57.89%

Uncharted 4 24 42.11%

Total:57
d21lewis said:
Nah. I don't really see people losing their minds over what they've seen like I did with the U4 demo.
In fact, I actually pre-ordered God of War and I'm not even that excited to play it. I'm sure it'll be a great and emotional experience but something is missing.

To be fair, Cory Barlog has fought to ensure very little of GoW was shown. He said he is adamant about nothing being spoiled and described himself as paranoid when it comes to this sort of thing. That’s why it feels like we’ve seen (and know) so little about this game. 

EDIT: Here’s the quote:

I know there are a lot of people who are out there saying, 'It's totally different. They're changing a lot of things. Hashtag Not My God Of War. Hashtag Cancel My Pre-Order,'" Barlog said. "But I think a lot of people have to play it."

He added: "We've been very restrictive of the information and what we're showing visually, and part of that is my paranoia. I want people to experience this game as a whole. Everybody who made this game--or a good portion of this team--has been a part of God of War from the very beginning. Nothing has changed cynically or under pressure or just willy-nilly. All of us put a lot of heart and soul into this game, and the DNA of what this franchise is still pumps through the blood of this game."

Source:  https://www.gamespot.com/articles/god-of-war-ps4-dev-responds-to-criticisms-about-ch/1100-6457964/

Last edited by pitzy272 - on 11 April 2018

Around the Network

Perhaps it's my own disappointment with the new direction of the series, but I feel like the hype levels for Uncharted 4 eclipsed the enthusiasm for GoW pre-launch.

I think everyone watching the previews and demos for Uncharted 4 knew what they were getting: another Uncharted game. Whereas some fans of GoW are a litle wary of what they're getting: another Uncharted game.

As others have said, not even close. Even around here we saw many more threads about U4, even with the GoW release right around the corner. Naturally closer to release a game will jump in hype.

Hype, no. Attention, yes.

I think, as others have said, that people knew what they were getting with Uncharted 4 whereas God of War is more of an unknown quantity for a lot of people.

I think that if reviews are really good then you'll see a lot of that attention turn into hype.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Thread and poll are at odds.

COKTOE said: 
Well, from an advertising perspective, I can safely say I've been blitzed with more GOW content than I was with UC4. Both online ( mostly on youtube ), as well as on TV. I feel they've been pretty been pretty even in terms of coverage by the gaming press, and honestly, might give the edge to UC4 in that regard. Tough call.

Yup, I have too. What helped Uncharted 4 was the pre-PS4 release announcement (or day of), but I feel like God of War has more online buzz and advertisements up to this point.

Last edited by CGI-Quality - on 11 April 2018

Around the Network

It is difficult to calculate such value in time and space value buuut ... personally, UC4 hype did reach level that I've never seen from the PS community before, with seemingless marketing and huge bundle promotion, it's sure seems to be bigger than what GOW is.
Also, people pointed it out, there's an element of cautiousness around this one. Doesn't mean it won't sell as well, just that it is something different from what we saw with UC4

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Personally, the game I was most hyped for was Horizon Zero Dawn. For Uncharted 4, I was eagerly awaiting it because it was the tried and true formula, for God of War, I'm apprehensive because I don't like the sound of it having a more emotional story and playing babysitter to the kid.

Signature goes here!

This is a very tough question that I really don't think I can answer. I absolutely loved Uncharted 4. Especially the ending. Tieing it up with family and the potential for Little Cassie Drake to become a treasure Hunter herself. This is why I think they called it 'A' Thief's End. So that alone excites me probably even a little more than The Last of Us 2. That being said it took me until last year to beat Uncharted 4 which is disraceful to gamers everywhere and have yet to play Lost Legacy. The God of War hype is huge in the house and has been pre-ordered for some time. I think the beauty of the question though is whether you're questioning the hype level of Uncharted 4, Horizon Zero Dawn, God of War or Spider-Man, all of these are only on PS4. And all get far more conversation than any battle royal game or GaaS.

Vizigoth04 said:

This is a very tough question that I really don't think I can answer. I absolutely loved Uncharted 4. Especially the ending. Tieing it up with family and the potential for Little Cassie Drake to become a treasure Hunter herself. This is why I think they called it 'A' Thief's End. So that alone excites me probably even a little more than The Last of Us 2. That being said it took me until last year to beat Uncharted 4 which is disraceful to gamers everywhere and have yet to play Lost Legacy. The God of War hype is huge in the house and has been pre-ordered for some time. I think the beauty of the question though is whether you're questioning the hype level of Uncharted 4, Horizon Zero Dawn, God of War or Spider-Man, all of these are only on PS4. And all get far more conversation than any battle royal game or GaaS.

The Young Guns wouldn't agree with you at all. 

Fortnite is what everyone in the mainstream community is talking about.

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

I dont think so. I dont see it at least in the sites I usually visit.