By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS4 crossed half a billion software retail already

ZS said:
RDR2, FIFA 19 and BO4 are guaranteed 10m+ sellers this year alone. RDR could hit 20m+ if everything goes well

Uncharted 4 is about 300k away as well.

Around the Network
LivingMetal said:

Just last month, I received the Atelier Lydie & Suelle: The Alchemists and the Mysterious Paintings Limited Edition:

Also, I just purchased the Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus Collector's Edition this weekend.  It was on sale for $35 USD.

The Atelier Lydie & Suelle would count in the reported numbers.  The Wolfenstein II not so much since it was a very recent purchase.  It'll count for next time.

Hey Metal. Nice to see you back again. That Atelier Lydie & Suelle: The Alchemists and the Mysterious Paintings Limited Edition looks sweet. I'm kinda jealous. Here's a bit of a weird thing though: I also have the Wolfie 2 Collector's Edition. 2 of them in fact. My box is totally different though. The BJ doll is not visible, and the entire graphic design is more streamlined. Canadian box looks slightly bigger too. I have never in my life, aside from extra French text for copyright stuff, observed any differences between American and Canadian game boxes. Weirdness.

Just thinking that the outer shell may not be pictured in the image you linked, and this is the box inside the box.

Last edited by COKTOE - on 09 April 2018

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Vizigoth04 said:
ZS said:
RDR2, FIFA 19 and BO4 are guaranteed 10m+ sellers this year alone. RDR could hit 20m+ if everything goes well

Horizon Zero Dawn was over 7.6m too, like back in jan 2018.
It "might" be able to reach 10m lifetime too.

The Question is can Spiderman/God of War, also do 10m?... and Id be damned if the answear isnt a "maybe" too there.
Sony has done well with its IP's this gen.

650 million as of December 31st 2017 including digital. Only behind the DS, Wii, 360, PS3, PS1 and PS2. It's entering the big leagues.

That averages around 6-7 games per console.

*Looks at my PS4 game collection*....i'm helping at least 5 consoles that doesn't have any games xD

Around the Network
Ka-pi96 said:
I'm happy to have helped it to half a billion

From what I remember only killzone which came with my ps4 and battlefield 4 which I've bought at launch are the only retail copies I've bought. 

I've since bought both titles on sale on psn for $5 so I don't have to change disks. 

Also,

PS4 2018 (As of February 17th) = 16,177,775

PS4 2017 (As of February 18th) = 12,591,643 (2017 Total = 145,035,445)

PS4 2016 (As of Feburary 20th) = 13,304,535 (2016 Total = 145,500,063)

PS4 2015 (As of Feburary 21st) = 7,860,381 (2015 Total = 124,608,683)

This year seems to be tracking ahead, but clearly it's not all telling from the beginning looking at 2016 and 2017's first 8 weeks. I'm going to assume the PS4 breaks the 150 million mark for software sold this year, that would be crazy especially since there's digital as well.

Vizigoth04 said:
ZS said:

I checked the game database not long ago and uc4 was at 9.99m so 10m should be in the next week or so? 

ZS said:
Vizigoth04 said:

I checked the game database not long ago and uc4 was at 9.99m so 10m should be in the next week or so? 

If vgchartz is accurate as of April this year uncharted 4 is 10m at retail and probably 12m including digital. Even if vgchartz is way over estimating you'd imagine it's still over 10m or at the very least will hit it this year. 

Can't wait for Sony or naughty dog to finally update us with some numbers. 

Kerotan said:
ZS said:

If vgchartz is accurate as of April this year uncharted 4 is 10m at retail and probably 12m including digital. Even if vgchartz is way over estimating you'd imagine it's still over 10m or at the very least will hit it this year. 

Can't wait for Sony or naughty dog to finally update us with some numbers. 

Yeah exactly, at least the admins will update it when numbers are announced.