By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Dragon Quest XI for Switch delay due UE4, game based on PS4 version of game, why was announced for Switch so early

Hynad said:
Wyrdness said:

Having played it yes it's very doable with out compromise on PS4.

Ok. I don't even either.

Ofcourse you don't you never understood a thing to begin with.

Around the Network
Wyrdness said:
VGPolyglot said:

OK then, so you just believe they went for 30FPS for the sake of having 30FPS, despite 60FPS being possible with just an adjustment of variables.

They went for 30fps because 60fps offered no benefit for the game 30fps saves time and money, like with FFX it would make no change at all.

Actually, with FFX it would make a ton of changes, the game is tied to the framerate so trying to change it would really screw things up, which is exactly why I asked you if it'd need compromises, but I see that you're going to insist that they went with 30FPS despite the fact that they could have went with 60FPS without having to make any other changes. Of course, you say it saves time and money though, which implies that compromises/optimization would have to be made.

Wyrdness said:
Hynad said:

Ok. I don't even either.

I understand everything discussed here and that magical 60fps switch you speak of, well, that was gold.

VGPolyglot said:
Wyrdness said:

They went for 30fps because 60fps offered no benefit for the game 30fps saves time and money, like with FFX it would make no change at all.

Actually, with FFX it would make a ton of changes, the game is tied to the framerate so trying to change it would really screw things up, which is exactly why I asked you if it'd need compromises, but I see that you're going to insist that they went with 30FPS despite the fact that they could have went with 60FPS without having to make any other changes. Of course, you say it saves time and money though, which implies that compromises/optimization would have to be made.

Your very own link showed it doesn't make a difference to FFX because someone already did it, optimisation is not the same as compromise the latter is sacrificing how the game is now to achieve the target the game can be made 60fps but it would make no difference to how it plays so its optimised for 30fps.

Hynad said:
Miyamotoo said:

Actualy Doom don runs so smooth on neither on PS4 or XB1 espacily, on PS4 uses dynaimy 1080p and goes often below 60FSP, on XB1 resolution goes to 810p and FPS to 40.

Actually, I have Doom on PS4 Pro. It hits 60fps at dynamic 1440p more often than not and feels quite smooth throughout, thank you very much.

I was talking about base PS4, fact that DQ11 currently don't support Pro and Doom doesnt don't change nothing and that doesnt meant that DQ11 is more demanding, lol.

Around the Network
Wyrdness said:
VGPolyglot said:

Your very own link showed it doesn't make a difference to FFX because someone already did it, optimisation is not the same as compromise the latter is sacrificing how the game is now to achieve the target the game can be made 60fps but it would make no difference to how it plays so its optimised for 30fps.

They couldn't just flip it to 60FPS, in fact it does make a difference:

Just because the game was able to be modded to work in 60FPS doesn't mean that all they had to do was just flip a switch to 60FPS, they had to do extensive work in order to get it to work properly.

Miyamotoo said:
Hynad said:

Actually, I have Doom on PS4 Pro. It hits 60fps at dynamic 1440p more often than not and feels quite smooth throughout, thank you very much.

I was talking about base PS4, fact that DQ11 currently don't support Pro and Doom doesnt don't change nothing and that doesnt meant that DQ11 is more demanding, lol.

Actually, I think you got your stats mixed up.  What you described sounds more like Wolfenstein 2.

Hynad said:
Wyrdness said:

I understand everything discussed here and that magical 60fps switch you speak of, well, that was gold.

You don't understand FPS doesn't equal more demanding that was clear from your initial response ironically its your own post that was gold in saying DQXI is more demanding because its 30fps.

VGPolyglot said:
Wyrdness said:

Just because the game was able to be modded to work in 60FPS doesn't mean that all they had to do was just flip a switch to 60FPS, they had to do extensive work in order to get it to work properly.

Where are you getting this flip the switch nonsense from? The part about work proves my point in saving time and money.

Wyrdness said:
VGPolyglot said:

Where are you getting this flip the switch nonsense from? The part about work proves my point in saving time and money.

You said that no other compromises had to be made, so essentially that is just flipping a switch.