By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon U.S. April bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion

GoW back to #3.  I wonder if it will hit #1 before reviews.  If not, the reviews should definitely give it that bump.  After that, a question of how many days it is at #1 until release.

Around the Network
LethalP said:
Looks like Switch will win NPD.

The new prediction methode thread has a methode of point giving, but it throws in bestbuy/gamespot/amazon and others.
Its like the amazon thread but on steroids, and in there the PS4 looks like its been winning April so far.

Either way its too early to tell.
But Id be mildly surprised if in a month with God of War, the PS4 doesnt come out on top.

tag

I don't know wow.

LethalP said:

Naw, not with the juggernaut that is God of War 

PortisheadBiscuit said:
LethalP said:

That does raise a question I've been meaning to ask.  Historically, how big of an impact on hardware sales has GoW had?  Legitimately curious.

Sales for this one should be interesting given the major stylistic shift.  

But I agree, April will be a more average month for Switch unless Labo takes on a life of its own after launch, which I personally think won't happen that fast if it does.  

Around the Network
Mar1217 said:
JRPGfan said:

The new prediction methode thread has a methode of point giving, but it throws in bestbuy/gamespot/amazon and others.
Its like the amazon thread but on steroids, and in there the PS4 looks like its been winning April so far.

Either way its too early to tell.
But Id be mildly surprised if in a month with God of War, the PS4 doesnt come out on top.

Isn't he talking about March NPD though ?

he has no idea what he's talking about then. feb, has mirrored march for the past 4 years, and march has number of big releases, Far cry 5 is beasting.

Nuvendil said:
PortisheadBiscuit said:

That does raise a question I've been meaning to ask.  Historically, how big of an impact on hardware sales has GoW had?  Legitimately curious.  

Mar 2007

GoW2-833k

PS2-280k

Mar 2010

GoW3-1.10m

PS3-314k

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Kyuu said:
Wow, Spyro PS4 overtook Spider-Man on the monthly chart! The nostalgia factor is ridiculous with Crash and Spyro. Makes you think how big these sibling series would have been if they were better handled.

Yep, it is crazy how long they've just been sitting on a treasure trove of nostalgia.  People love these games.

zorg1000 said:
Nuvendil said:

Mar 2007

GoW2-833k

PS2-280k

Mar 2010

GoW3-1.10m

PS3-314k

Since the GOW boost will only come in the last 2 weeks i think PS4 could do 250k-260k in April.

zorg1000 said:
Nuvendil said:

Mar 2007

GoW2-833k

PS2-280k

Mar 2010

GoW3-1.10m

PS3-314k

To see the boost you need to post hardware figures from the week before