By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon U.S. April bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion

47 hours from last update :

1 (-) - Nintendo Switch Neon - 20 (-6) - 299.00$ - In stock
2 (-) - Playstation 4 Slim 1Tb Black - 34 (-5) - 299.00$ - In Stock
3 (+1) - Super Nes Classic - 36 (-2) - Third Party Sellers Only
4 (R) - New Nintendo 2DS Black + Turquoise - 37 (R) - ?? - In Stock
5 (-2) - Nintendo Switch Grey - 38 (-5) - 299.00$ - In stock
6 (+2) - Playstation 4 Pro 1 Tb - 49 (+21) - 399.00$ - In Stock
7 (-2) - Xbox One S 500Gb White - 60 (-2) - 248.00$ (+3.05) - In Stock
8 (-1) - XBox One X 1 Tb - 80 (-17) - 495.00$ (-2.93) - In Stock
9 (-3) - Playstation 4 Pro 1 Tb Star Wars - 88 (-29) - 398.00$ - In Stock
10 (-1) - Playstation 4 Slim 500Gb Black - 90 (-9) - 269.00$ - In Stock

Out of Top 100 :

10 (R) - Playstation 4 Pro 1 Tb God of Wars - 89 (R) - 399.00$ - Currently Unavailable

PS4: 4 (-1) ; NS: 2 (-) ; XBO: 2 (-)

Around the Network

Not looking good for labo.

quickrick said:

Pretty much ... 

Two weeks left and the variety kit is outside the top 40 in the yearly rankings but the robot kit went outside the top 100 at either the end of last month or beginning of this month ... (Nintendo products are generally over represented so it's not good news)

It wouldn't surprise me to see if FC5 for X1 and DKCTF surpass Labo in Amazon US before it launches ... 

Out of all the regions I think Labo would've been successful is in Japan but even their not biting it that much according to COMG pre-orders so the idea itself is a failed proposition from Nintendo especially in a critical moment of the Switch's life where they are leaving the platform defenseless ... 

Hype levels on youtube for Spiderman seem good... Im starting to think this might be a 10m+ title.

Gonna be intresting to see how it does on amazon.

quickrick said:

fatslob-:O said:

Pretty much ... 

Two weeks left and the variety kit is outside the top 40 in the yearly rankings but the robot kit went outside the top 100 at either the end of last month or beginning of this month ... (Nintendo products are generally over represented so it's not good news)

It wouldn't surprise me to see if FC5 for X1 and DKCTF surpass Labo in Amazon US before it launches ... 

Out of all the regions I think Labo would've been successful is in Japan but even their not biting it that much according to COMG pre-orders so the idea itself is a failed proposition from Nintendo especially in a critical moment of the Switch's life where they are leaving the platform defenseless ... 

Do you guys realise that preorders / first week numbers for Labo have very little importance considering the kind of game Labo is ?

It is a new proposition, sure it can flop, but word of mouth is what will make/break the game fate. 

Around the Network
Symbios63 said:

Do you guys realise that preorders / first week numbers for Labo have very little importance considering the kind of game Labo is ?

It is a new proposition, sure it can flop, but word of mouth is what will make/break the game fate. 

Actually, first week performance does matter considering the vast majority of successful hits so far started off with 1M+ units in the first week ... (it's no different for the Switch so far with 4 of it's biggest titles opening with at least 1M units)

Labo looks like it won't even push a minimum of 500K+ in it's first week and the pricing for it sticks out like a sore thumb ... (only the variety kit is remotely of any relevance while the robot kit with a $20 higher MSRP than the average AAA game release just stings)

Symbios63 said:
quickrick said:

Pretty much ... 

considering how great nintendo games do on amazon, and how many views labo got on youtube  it's not looking good at the moment, it can change though, although i doubt it. Monthly rankings has mulitple switch games that are coming out in a month or 2 ahead of labo. 

Last edited by quickrick - on 06 April 2018

Symbios63 said:

Actually, first week performance does matter considering the vast majority of successful hits so far started off with 1M+ units in the first week ... (it's no different for the Switch so far with 4 of it's biggest titles opening with at least 1M units)

Labo looks like it won't even push a minimum of 500K+ in it's first week and the pricing for it sticks out like a sore thumb ... (only the variety kit is remotely of any relevance while the robot kit with a $20 higher MSRP than the average AAA game release just stings)

Yeah, but those four games you mentionned were sequels in well known series with massive fanbase. Fans knew what to expect and went in day one.

Labo is a totally new thing. New IP but not only that it is kind of a new genre. In addition, Labo main target are kids/casual gamers who are less likely to preorder videogame related products.

Again, it is totally possible for it to fail badly but I think we will have to wait for a few weeks after launch (maybe more) to conclude anything.

Mar1217 said:
gtjay1982 said:
Looks like FC5 already sold 5 million copies. I should of made that bet in the last thread. With that I think PS4 takes March and now April.

Expecting a price cut to PS4 September 1st after looking at the new release schedule.

Looking at the numbers. It sounds like it would approx. have sold 2,5M if you do the comparaison with FC 4.

At what numbers?  There was a report it did just under 5 million.  Do you mean 2.5 million in the US?

Tagged