By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon U.S. April bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion

CGI-Quality said:
BlackBeauty said:
Smash 5 will be the best selling switch game and best selling game PERIOD this year.

It will destroy red dead.

You forgot the /s

It does make me wonder more about the user now.

Around the Network
BlackBeauty said:
Smash 5 will be the best selling switch game and best selling game PERIOD this year.

It will destroy red dead.

Maybe it will outsell the individual skus but i cant see it outselling them combined.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

jason1637 said:
LethalP said:

While I understand your thinking, and I'd have actually agreed with you at one point. But that was before I saw the 7.6 million sales for Horizon. I see no reason at all that GoW couldn't outsell Horizon. It's a more iconic IP, it reviewed substantially better, and It currently has more preorders than Uncharted 4 according to NPD insiders.

What a franchise sells on PS3 is absolutely no indication of what it will do on PS4. A 4 million+ seller on PS3 was a megaton, reserved for GoW, Uncharted, Gran Turismo, MGS4, where as Bloodborne will even manage to do that on PS4, and that's a souls game.

Given that a first party game on PS4 is critically acclaimed and has good marketing, it should do about twice the numbers of a game in the same franchise on PS3.

I think 8m for God of War because GoW seems more like most sales are from North America while Horizon did really good WW and in NA. 

So you think Horizon will outsell GoW? I don't see how. Europe slept on Japanese style beat em up style, this is more ARPG. Europe loves that shit.

quickrick said:
zorg1000 said:

He did something similar with Animal Crossing recently as well. He wanted to use the GC/Wii versions that sold ~3-4m to prove AC isnt that big but would ignore the DS/3DS entries that did ~12m each.

what the heck is this? when you are comparing franchises you have to compare each entry in the franchise, you were saying its bigger then 3d  mario, which didn't make no sense. 

Not when talking about the Switch versions potential, which is what we were doing.

The series does 3-4x as much on handhelds, since Switch can be played as a handheld than it doesnt make sense to use the console-only releases to predict the Switch versions performance.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
quickrick said:

what the heck is this? when you are comparing franchises you have to compare each entry in the franchise, you were saying its bigger then 3d  mario, which didn't make no sense. 

Not when talking about the Switch versions potential, which is what we were doing.

The series does 3-4x as much on handhelds, since Switch can be played as a handheld than it doesnt make sense to use the console-only releases to predict the Switch versions performance.

I don't feel like arguing about this again, because you really don't understand what bigger franchise means.

Around the Network

Where are people getting this ~8 million for GOW?! Horizon was 7.6 million after one year and Uncharted 4 did the same in about 7 months. Monster Hunter World was 7.5 million shipped after 6 weeks.

Can easily see GOW 12-15 million.

jason1637 said:
LethalP said:

While I understand your thinking, and I'd have actually agreed with you at one point. But that was before I saw the 7.6 million sales for Horizon. I see no reason at all that GoW couldn't outsell Horizon. It's a more iconic IP, it reviewed substantially better, and It currently has more preorders than Uncharted 4 according to NPD insiders.

What a franchise sells on PS3 is absolutely no indication of what it will do on PS4. A 4 million+ seller on PS3 was a megaton, reserved for GoW, Uncharted, Gran Turismo, MGS4, where as Bloodborne will even manage to do that on PS4, and that's a souls game.

Given that a first party game on PS4 is critically acclaimed and has good marketing, it should do about twice the numbers of a game in the same franchise on PS3.

I think 8m for God of War because GoW seems more like most sales are from North America while Horizon did really good WW and in NA. 

But that’s the thing—GoW’s new direction has given it WORLDWIDE appeal. GoW has been number one on every single major country’s Amazon (except UK and Canada bc it’s sold out) starting around 8 days from release. And that even includes Japan, where American games almost always flop.

EDIT:  see the post directly below

Last edited by pitzy272 - on 18 April 2018

quickrick said:
zorg1000 said:

I don't feel like arguing about this again, because you really don't understand what bigger franchise means.

And you clearly dont understand context, hence why you make outrageous claims all the time and dont "clarify" what you mean until multiple posts later.

nero said:

God of war sold out on both Amazon US and UK,right?