By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - A family journey with Nintendo Switch - Switch commercial

JRPGfan said:

A thread that has no text, no opinions, nothing but a commercial/ad posted by the OP.....

Is that against some sorta thread rules?

Like if a random person made a thread, that said "Axe the best body spray"
and inside you found a ad for a commercial, would that be fine?

I dont have a issue with it, and watched it, its okay.
Nice to see Nintendo do decent marketing with the switch.

Still think thread is kinda questionable, if 1 set of rules applies for others, it probably also should apply to the OP in this case.

I see your point but Nintendo is a video game company and this is a site about sales of video game company products. If OP added something like: "hey look at this new trailer!" nothing would change.

Around the Network

Also, Mario Tennis Aces seems to be treated like the Wii Sports knockoff. The casual crowd will still remember Wii Sports just for the Tennis game alone. Introducing Mario will make his face more prominent among these people. At least, this could be one possible goal with this add.

They are (one more time) highlighting the mentality of playing together with others as well as the option to take the Switch with you. So basically, a Switch trailer like every other. The adds have been very consistent so far.

Green098 said:

Really great trailer from Nintendo such a step up from the Wii U era, it also confirms Spike as a new playable character in Mario Tennis Aces.

That might also be the full starting roster. Hopefully the tournament characters will have more interesting new picks among them (gimme Egad!)

I prefer the launch commercials with music and older peeps. But, this is a decent commercial overall.

JRPGfan said:

A thread that has no text, no opinions, nothing but a commercial/ad posted by the OP.....

Like if a random person made a thread, that said "Axe the best body spray"
and inside you found a ad for a commercial, would that be fine?

I dont have a issue with it, and watched it, its okay.
Nice to see Nintendo do decent marketing with the switch.

Still think thread is kinda questionable, if 1 set of rules applies for others, it probably also should apply to the OP in this case.

People have been doing this for years now. 

Edit: if you feel like there is something wrong with this. Bring it up in the moderation thread. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network
JRPGfan said:

Forum Rules: "Likewise, your thread should never only be a link to the story/article/video/etc.  You must include your own commentary."

It is against the rules, it just happens so often and gets reported so little that's it's very very common place and rarely anything is done about it.

I can't belive someone actually got annoyed with the one thread I've seen the whole time I've been a member that only had a video Aith no text. Come on lol.

Video was great though;

Barkley said:
JRPGfan said:

Forum Rules: "Likewise, your thread should never only be a link to the story/article/video/etc.  You must include your own commentary."

It is against the rules, it just happens so often and gets reported so little that's it's very very common place and rarely anything is done about it.

it's a stupid rule  I'd like to think that's why it's reported so little