By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Do you ever experience anemoia?

I found out there's a term created for somebody feeling nostalgic about a time period they never experienced called anemoia (I don't think it's made it to the dictionaries yet). Basically there are two time periods that I usually feel nostalgic for even though I didn't live through them.

The first is the 1930s-1940s (even thought it was actually a shitty time with the Great Depression and World War II) and the 1980s-1990s. What about you?

Around the Network

50s-60s

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Yeah, the 1980s and 1990s for me personally.

The 80's and 90's were awesome. But, I lived through them.

I kinda think I'd like to experience the 1920's.

Music wise yeah. I like old music in general but my preference is Motown and doowop. It's amazing how music isn't anything like it used to be...across practically all genres. Maybe it's just me.

Insert Coin. Press START. You Died. Continue?

Around the Network
VAMatt said:
The 80's and 90's were awesome. But, I lived through them.

I kinda think I'd like to experience the 1920's.

Roaring twenties! There's an excellent documentary by the Smithsonian Channel about the 1920s in color.

With all of the pandering for the era, the 80's/90's is something that I've ended up getting nostalgic for. 
And early-mid 2000's gaming culture. I was actually alive during that time, but I only got aware of gaming culture in like 2011, when I was in middle school, and by then it was getting to today's culture. Then I went through a bunch of old gaming webcomics that were around during that time, and this bullshit just hit me like a ton of bricks.

They got me to want to actually sign up for WoW. Fucking WoW. Sent that to the marketing teams at Blizzard.

Last edited by berzerkertank - on 03 April 2018

lol signatues

profile pic checks out

I was born in mid 90s. I liked early 2000s as a kid. tho I get "anemoia" for the late 80s and 90s for sure.

Ancient times, more specifically Greeks. I always felt like I was meant for a more savage life, perhaps even just to die young.

When the earth was still young. You know like when you first come to earth in Terranigma, where living organisms are looking strange and most of the planet is still deserted.

Also, somehow the early 70s and 80s.

Intel Core i7 8700K | 32 GB DDR 4 PC 3200 | ROG STRIX Z370-F Gaming | RTX 3090 FE| Crappy Monitor| HTC Vive Pro :3