By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior

Peh said:

But all in all, and what Alara317 said and meant, people with those believes and behaviour are no help for the society and can cause only harm for everyone else. They have the potential in doing so. 

I don't know his stance on evolution, but I really don't need another one denying a fact. So, don't breed in this kind of sense is the correct term.

let me remind you what Alara317 said:

''Please, for the love of the land and the future of our society, please don't actually believe something so foolish, willfully ignorant, and misguided. 

If you do, please don't breed.''

can you please explain how Christian faith ''can cause only harm for everyone else''?

let me remind you that Christian faith is what shaped up today's American and European societies, 2018 World Happiness Report shows that the world's 30 happiest countries are all "Christian" countries, except Israel

but then again, I guess you don't believe the report is valid, or perhaps it is just a random coincidence that these 29 societies are built based on Christian values, with the majority of their citizens reporting to still be Christians

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

Around the Network

Jesus of Nazerath was never a real person, nor has the Bible ever been validated by historians. This fact also speaks volumes since there are two versions of the Bible; Old Testament and New Testament. The word of God would be the word of God, two different versions wouldn't be necessary.

Also, Jesus' "miracle" birth and its story isn't original. Horus in Ancient Egypt had the same immaculate birth sequence, which is problematic for the deity we know is Jesus - because Horus predates his existence by thousands of years.

Peh said:
dark_gh0st_b0y said:

lol like I expected anything different

modern US/Europeans are too immersed in their life to see beyond, it is human nature to take things for granted

we will all find out eventually, rivers run everywhere but the sea embraces them all in the end

That's a harsh generalization.

If you say modern, can I say outdated?

"too immersed in their life to see beyond", now that's a funny statement.

How far beyond did you looked in other direction than the one you are looking at right now(christianity)?

It's not that I turned atheist for the lulz of it. There is some serious thought process behind it to abandon the view ones hold since birth. It's because you dig deeper and deeper and try to understand the concept of god and your very own existence that leds you away from one of thousands of made up answers on this god forsaken planet. Maybe there is one correct answer out there, but yours it is not. I've been there already.

life and death is never outdated, unless science finds a way to immortality or proves Christianity is not real

I've looked beyond enough, I even got a degree in Science! :D (yes I'm serious)

in my view, true Christians are destined to live happier lives than atheists in better health of the spirit, I know I'm harsh, a simple example:

everyone has, or is going to, lose some close people at some point in life, only that Christians can bear the pain much easier, since their beloved is now in a much better place, no more pain, and is still looking over them in a spiritual way, until we meet again

but for atheists, the thought that we are all destined to become nothing but soil and memories must be very miserable, and makes the pain of loss much harder to withstand and get over

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

Personally I don't think most Christians actually believe this. If you actually did, then what value does a material, very temporary life have on this planet? You wouldn't care about material possessions past basic necessities and would spend all your time helping the poor/underprivileged. You'd have masses of people going to help refugees, washing their feet, etc. because that's what Jesus would do.

But none of these people really do any of that. So really how much do they actually believe in it past the "cool, I get free unlimited life after this one!" part of it?

dark_gh0st_b0y said:
Peh said:

How far beyond did you looked in other direction than the one you are looking at right now(christianity)?

It's not that I turned atheist for the lulz of it. There is some serious thought process behind it to abandon the view ones hold since birth. It's because you dig deeper and deeper and try to understand the concept of god and your very own existence that leds you away from one of thousands of made up answers on this god forsaken planet. Maybe there is one correct answer out there, but yours it is not. I've been there already.

life and death is never outdated, unless science finds a way to immortality or proves Christianity is not real

in my view, true Christians are destined to live happier lives than atheists in better health of the spirit, I know I'm harsh, a simple example:

everyone has, or is going to, lose some close people at some point in life, only that Christians can bear the pain much easier, since their beloved is now in a much better place, no more pain, and is still looking over them in a spiritual way, until we meet again

but for atheists, the thought that we are all destined to become nothing but soil and memories must be very miserable, and makes the pain of loss much harder to withstand and get over

I wouldn't be surprised if immortality is that far off to be honest. Maybe 2-3 generations away. Genetic engineering, nano tech, gene modification, brain to computer interfacing are the first baby steps towards it just like the giant room sized computers of the 1950s/60s were the first steps towards the pocket sized super computers everyone has today. 

If you have two ugly people (equally ugly) and one decides to accept they're ugly while the other one decides to believe they're beautiful, it wouldn't surprise me if the one who has chosen to deny reality would be happier. That doesn't make them good looking though, lol. One's POV can determine one's happiness, we know that, that doesn't mean the POV is necessarily correct. 

"Western countries" are happier because they generally have higher standards of living from scientific/technological/medical progress and less violent upheaval recently. But even that is a fairly recent development, Europe was probably the most violent place on earth for several hundred years culminating with World War II which almost obliterated the continent. Post World War II is the only time its known relative peace and a technological society has sprung up, but in that era of "happiness" Europe has also become dramatically less religious. 

Around the Network
Peh said:
dark_gh0st_b0y said:

lol like I expected anything different

modern US/Europeans are too immersed in their life to see beyond, it is human nature to take things for granted

we will all find out eventually, rivers run everywhere but the sea embraces them all in the end

Dude, how would you know what's the correct answer out there? There have been people who have "been there", where you are to use your phrase and ended up finding God. There have been people who have put a lot of thought in to every side of arguments. Putting thought in to something isn't an assurance that you're right, unless you believe you're the most brilliant man to ever walk the earth. I say this as an atheist myself.

dark_gh0st_b0y said:
Peh said:

This is stupid. The idea of an afterlife is what would make me miserable, to live in eternity sounds like hell . Especially wondering if your loved one made it to Heave, hell or the purgatory. Everything has two perspectives. A lot of atheists view death as peace, like going to bed at night and sleeping, but never to wake up again. You can enjoy life and accept that it ends at the same time.

contestgamer said:
dark_gh0st_b0y said:

This is stupid. The idea of an afterlife is what would make me miserable, to live in eternity sounds like hell . Especially wondering if your loved one made it to Heave, hell or the purgatory. Everything has two perspectives. A lot of atheists view death as peace, like going to bed at night and sleeping, but never to wake up again. You can enjoy life and accept that it ends at the same time.

Sonata Arctica has a song (Alone in Heaven) about being in Heaven and having you loved ones in hell. Fun times. 

"Tell me why does it have to be so hard

to let go when it?s your final day

...When death is on it's way"

roadkillers said:

What do you think when you hear this? Do you believe that God gave his only son to die on the cross for you?

Nope...but there is no question that there WAS indeed a Jesus who died for us. A man who wanted nothing more than to change the world as we know it. And he did just that, for better or worse. I think for the most part he tried and for the most part it changed humanity as we know it.

Without the death and rebirth of Jesus, we wouldn't have the conscience we have today...at least for the most part. I think the world would be a far darker place without the story of Jesus.

Was he the son of God like he said? Doubt it. Who cares? I strongly believe this man existed and he has shown us that faith can guide you in the right direction. Faith can conquer anything.

StreaK said:
roadkillers said:

What do you think when you hear this? Do you believe that God gave his only son to die on the cross for you?

Nope...but there is no question that there WAS indeed a Jesus who died for us. A man who wanted nothing more than to change the world as we know it. And he did just that, for better or worse. I think for the most part he tried and for the most part it changed humanity as we know it.

Without the death and rebirth of Jesus, we wouldn't have the conscience we have today...at least for the most part. I think the world would be a far darker place without the story of Jesus.

Was he the son of God like he said? Doubt it. Who cares? I strongly believe this man existed and he has shown us that faith can guide you in the right direction. Faith can conquer anything.

Actually there's  a big question as to whether Jesus even existed. Where have you been?