By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Ubification of games. Jimquisition

flashfire926 said:
Maybe in around 2014 this would hold some weight, but not now. Watchdogs 2, Assassins creed Origins, and far cry 5 are vastly different.

Assassins creed Origins is the same as South Park which is the same marioXrabbids, which is the same as for honour which is the same thing as Rayman, which is the same thing as trackmania, which is the same thing as far cry?

The claim that all their games are cookie cutter open worlds is pure bullshit.

Even their newer open world are vastly different from each other. ACO and Watchdogs 2 are absolutely nothing alike.

And also, does this guy ever make a positive video about anything? It looks like he likes to bitch at everything for the sake of that.

Watch the video and you'll find out that he doesn't think it's actually a bad thing, just maybe too much paint-by-numbers, too formulated to not feel some kind of repetitiveness in between all the titles. And he adds the last Far Cry and Assassin's Creed are really good games by themselves and deserve all the praise they get.

Around the Network

Not quite 100% on topic, but I skipped out on Shadow of Mordor 2 for multiple reasons...one of them being that, as much as I loved 100%ing the first game, I really didn't feel up to doing the same open world stuff again so soon. Kind of the same thing with TellTale games, I only 100%ed few of those and although I loved what I played, I'm more than okay to not play any more for a long time. I imagine if I had a boner for UbiSoft IPs I'd feel almost the same way.

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
caffeinade said:
It sounds like he is describing himself and the videos he makes.
Hmm.

^Funny 

Had the exact same thing come to mind. Sterling’s had better days for sure. Or did he?

I do not understand the hate for Jim Sterling here. It seems like most people did not even bother to watch the video based on their comments.

I like the Ubisoft open world design in Assassin's Creed and Far Cry because they fit. I have a problem when Ubisoft puts that template in games where it doesn't fit, such as Watch Dogs. I couldn't be bothered to finish that game. They need to draw a line where to have it and where to not. AC Origins and Far Cry 5 are awesome though, would like more such games from them.