By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Last Western game(s) you bought

I know we all have our fanboy nostalgia around Japanese-developed games, but there's gotta be some love for Western-developed games on here.

The last ones I bought were The Evil Within 2 (Bethesda) and CoD: WWII (Sledgehammer/Activision), though I've got God of War pre-ordered. I think I might trade in CoD: WWII for it because it sucks. Yes, I was one of those people who got suckered into the whole return of boots on the ground gameplay, the game is straight-up trash. I've been playing a lot of Modern Warfare Remastered in the meantime. 

Around the Network

The last one I got was Avarice: The Final Saga for the OS/2 Warp I believe. It's a pretty obscure adventure game that I can't even play because I don't have anything that it works on D:

Celeste. What an adorable little game!

Infamous SS+Infamous First Light. SS is decent enough, but I goddamn loved First Light.

Nevertheless, I am in the process of basically purging the wishlist/backlog of almost anything western these days, leaving time only for what I see as the best of the best (Sony's titles, Square Enix-Eidos titles, few others). There are too many good Japanese titles to waste time with western ones.

DOOM and Skyrim for Switch

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Around the Network

Bought The Division last week.

Curse of Monkey Island steam edition ( even though I own it on scumvm).

GTA V. Have only played an hour or so, so far.

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P

The Curse of Monkey Island (an unexpected stealth re-release by Disney):
http://store.steampowered.com/app/730820/The_Curse_of_Monkey_Island/

FoxTail (a Russian edit: Ukrainian[!] game, still in EA, but already too cute to ignore):
http://www.foxtailgame.com

In other words, LucasArts‘ adventure style revisited, Westwood Studios’ adventure style revived.

Last edited by okr - on 02 April 2018

Skyrim.. was 33% off on the switch

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints