By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - DF: Outlast 2 Switch vs PS4 Graphics Comparison - Can Nintendo's Hybrid Console Compete?

Mnementh said:
Slownenberg said:
This shows how there really isn't that much difference between the systems graphically these days.

Oh, I don't agree. The systems have big differences in the graphics technology. But the effect of diminishing returns hits: The higher the graphical level at all, the smaller the noticeable differences. This is different, for a new technology that uses much more processing power and makes some clearly visible differences. If we hop such a technological barrier though is depending on the games and what they use as ideas.

I feel like one of the major differentiating factors between Switch and Wii U/PS3/360 is that on Switch we see more games, like Outlast II, Doom, Wolfenstein II, etc, using PBR for more realistic lighting and materials.

Around the Network

Graphically a fairly basic enough game on ps4. Decent title though and worth a buy.

Kerotan said:
Graphically a fairly basic enough game on ps4.

It may not be the most demanding game on the system but it still looks really nice I reckon, beautiful use of lighting and post-effects.