By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Can the Switch realistically surpass XBOX One's sales figures?

Will the Switch surpass XBOX One?

Yes, in 2018. 14 11.11%

Yes, in 2019. 61 48.41%

Yes, in 2020. 38 30.16%

Not before next-gen conso... 3 2.38%

No, it will do well in 2018 and then drop. 2 1.59%

No, it will perform until 2019, then drop. 2 1.59%

No, it will never match 2017 in sales number. 6 4.76%

Total:126

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P

Around the Network

Absolutely, i would say in late 2019 or early 2020.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

No real reason why it couldn't. XBOne is struggling against the PS4 and the Switch in terms of software exclusives, the Switch has a lot of potential for a pricedrop (the Tegra chips are somewhat old at this point) and I don't know how many years the PS4/XBOne have left in the market until the next gen comes.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Even after the hardware revisions, the gap worldwide between Xone and Switch/PS4 is way too big to be ignored. it would be necessary for the Switch to fell a lot and the Xone rise a lot in order for the Switch not be able to catch up.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 1286-0025-9138

Yes however that depends if MS decide to build a XB2 or continue a never ending generation like PC than it wont.

Around the Network
Azzanation said:
Yes however that depends if MS decide to build a XB2 or continue a never ending generation like PC than it wont.

XBO isnt popular enough to pull off a never ending generation.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Well yes, in the UK the X1 has slipped behind the 360, not sure about the rest of the world.

Helloplite said:

Of course, the above scenario is impossible. With XBOX One X, Microsoft has managed to resurrect the platform's sales, and they could well perform much higher than anticipated in 2018. Nintendo, on the other hand, would pretty much have to surpass their first year, which sounds impossible at this moment.

Impossible!? Switch had huge stock problem last year, Switch continue to selling great and Nintendo planing to ship around 20m for FY 2018.

Switch will probably surpass Xbox One combined sales sometime next year.

I imagine at the very least by the end of 2020 even if their lineup strategy doesn't improve ...

Is this an April Fool's joke? I'd say that yes it is realistic, its sales don't have any indication that it would be unrealistic.