By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Square Enix announces Star Ocean FES! A new game is probably on the way.

Ljink96 said:
Xxain said:

Every thread about a Japanese game company burrows down  to the same shit. Star Ocean already has a mobile game. Sov actually did ok - not in regards to previous entrys, but to its budget. 

No it doesn't... Japanese game companies are doing great. It's just that a lot of them are joining the mobile bandwagon, and letting hardcore fans down. Yes, it has one already but what's stopping it from getting another? Tales of series has tons of mobile games. I'm just being cautious with Square Enix as of late because of how bad they treat anything other than Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts. Or, aka, their B and C tier franchises. And that's understandable. But it has taught me to not get my hopes up for Square Enix's announcements. 

Why would releasing their IP's on a mobile device, especially when that device is popular in their home Country, be a let down to their "hardcore" (attempt at trying categorize to make whatever you consider hardcore more important than other fans) fans? Why are you let by that? Star Ocean mobile crossed 2mill, FF Explores crossed 2mill in the west, DQ Rivals - 10 million downloads!!!!, These mobile games help keep these IP's active. Its helps them reach a new audience that does not game on consoles to persuade them to get into the console titles But SE and other Japanese companies for this? 

Around the Network
Xxain said:
Ljink96 said:

No it doesn't... Japanese game companies are doing great. It's just that a lot of them are joining the mobile bandwagon, and letting hardcore fans down. Yes, it has one already but what's stopping it from getting another? Tales of series has tons of mobile games. I'm just being cautious with Square Enix as of late because of how bad they treat anything other than Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts. Or, aka, their B and C tier franchises. And that's understandable. But it has taught me to not get my hopes up for Square Enix's announcements. 

Why would releasing their IP's on a mobile device, especially when that device is popular in their home Country, be a let down to their "hardcore" (attempt at trying categorize to make whatever you consider hardcore more important than other fans) fans? Why are you let by that? Star Ocean mobile crossed 2mill, FF Explores crossed 2mill in the west, DQ Rivals - 10 million downloads!!!!, These mobile games help keep these IP's active. Its helps them reach a new audience that does not game on consoles to persuade them to get into the console titles But SE and other Japanese companies for this? 

Dude, that still doesn't change the fact that I don't want a mobile game...this is all subjective. I didn't bring up downloads...which don't really mean much if the game isn't receiving much profit through micro transactions, but again that's not my debate. You brought that up. I just said I don't want it to be a mobile game and I don't like that Square Enix is resulting to these forms of entertainment for their JRPGs. Makes business sense, objectively sure, but I didn't bring up anything objective. Just chill. 

And again, downloads can mean something to fans or nothing. There are games on Google Play or the App Store that have many more downloads than their console counterparts will ever get, because it's free to download. Doesn't mean all 10 million or 100 million people are hardcore fans of the game, lol. That's not how it works. 

Last edited by Ljink96 - on 29 March 2018

This screams Mobile Game

Would play 3, but cannot play something that old. May try 4, and wanted to try 5.

Ljink96 said:
Xxain said:

Dude, that still doesn't change the fact that I don't want a mobile game...this is all subjective. I didn't bring up downloads...which don't really mean much if the game isn't receiving much profit through micro transactions, but again that's not my debate. You brought that up. I just said I don't want it to be a mobile game and I don't like that Square Enix is resulting to these forms of entertainment for their JRPGs. Makes business sense, objectively sure, but I didn't bring up anything objective. Just chill. 

And again, downloads can mean something to fans or nothing. There are games on Google Play or the App Store that have many more downloads than their console counterparts will ever get, because it's free to download. Doesn't mean all 10 million or 100 million people are hardcore fans of the game, lol. That's not how it works.

Where did I say that? Why do you think say "some"? Why do my conversations with you always end up with infering I said something I didnt? Every time. Not kidding. 

Respond to your next response later. Work.

Around the Network

I'd want to hope it's a multiplat game for consoles and PC, but knowing SE, it could very well be another mobile title.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

If this art is preliminary art from the actual new SO, it looks like more mobile.

Xxain said:
Ljink96 said:

Where did I say that? Why do you think say "some"? Why do my conversations with you always end up with infering I said something I didnt? Every time. Not kidding. 

Respond to your next response later. Work.

lol, do you read your own responses? I'm done. It's like if you say anything negative about Star Ocean or JRPGs in general you're ready to fight. Not good. What do you claim you didn't say? 

Last edited by Ljink96 - on 29 March 2018

Lets go one step at a time:

There are games on Google Play or the App Store that have many more downloads than their console counterparts will ever get, because it's free to download. Doesn't mean all 10 million or 100 million people are hardcore fans of the game, lol. That's not how it works.

What is this a response too? 

ZODIARKrebirth said:
to be honest, i wouldn't expect a new star ocean for consoles

Well, I think that Star Ocean 5 bombed, didn't it?