By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will XBOX One beat SNES LTD?

Will XBONE outsell SNES LTD?

Yes 21 52.50%

No 19 47.50%

Total:40

50 mil is in reach

Around the Network

I started the thread and have been gaming since Atari 2600 so.........

tripenfall said:
epicurean said:
The bigger question is, will Xbox launch another "generation" of console? Didn't they say that with the One there would be no more traditional console cycles? If they hold to that then of course it will eventually outsell the SNES. But I have to imagine they want to separate from this gen now that they are losing.

Good point you raised....

But seriously if they release the XBOX "2" anytime soon would anyone even care? I feel like the brand is damaged at this point. What could they do that is better than the X as a similar price point?

I think they are working on forming studios now and creating more games that will be exclusive on a new console. I expect the output on the rest of the One lifecycle to be dormant. It's what I would do, at least.

I could be wrong, though, and they could stay the course and just launch a bunch of exclusives in 2-3 years to try and get people back on board. All you need is one really big hit to get people back in your ecosystem.

Owner of PS4 Pro, Xbox One, Switch, PS Vita, and 3DS

Seventizz said:
Oh cool, another thread to beat up on Xbox for people who think they’re gamers!

I started the thread and have been gaming since Atari 2600 so.........

Easily. It will easily beat Snes, with not a single doubt. It will hit 50 million for sure too.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

Around the Network

It should, but it won’t do it by much. Really depends on whether or not MS is going to release a next gen Xbox any time soon.

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

Yeah it will. Expecting at least 55m.

It's hanging on a bit longer than I thought it would, and it's probably less overtracked than I thought is was, but still, it'll be close. I wouldn't bet on it either way.

As long as the next Xbox doesn't get announced in the next year or two.

Probably, but i wouldn't be surprised if this is their last console.