By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - French left-wing politician arrested over tweet hailing gendarme's death [by ISIS]

Convict him?

Yes 8 50.00%

No 8 50.00%

Total:16

He is mainly guilty of being a complete moron, his tweets was more about saying that he hates Gendarmes (it's a police but from the military). Don't ask me why we need a Police and a Gendarmerie, I really don't know.

So the guy hates gendarmes, mainly because one of his friend was killed by gendarmes. So he thought it would be a good idea to basically say "good riddance, one less gendarme".

Of course it wasn't a good idea, but he's obviously not apologizing for terrorism.

Around the Network
StarOcean said:
Looks like OP didn’t learn his lesson. Alright, reporting for doing the exact same shit as the last thread.

It's a good thread. We need to stop the dangerous spread of alt-left ideology by highlighting their awful views. Defending pedophiles and terrorism isn't acceptable in a first world society, especially when those same people have no problem shutting people down and making baseless accusations of racism (Trump/Brexit Derangement Syndrome).

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

Flilix said:
Here's the tweet:
A chaque fois qu’un gendarme se fait buter, et c’est pas tous les jours, je pense à mon ami Rémi Fraisse [jeune militant écologiste mort sur le site du barrage de Sivens en octobre 2014 dans des échauffourées avec la police], là c’est un colonel, quel pied ! Accessoirement, un électeur de Macron en moins. 

Rough translation:

Every time a policeman gets shot, which isn't something that happens everyday, I think of my friend Rémi Fraisse [young ecologic militant who died protesting against Sivens Dam in October 2014, during a clash with the police], there it's a colonel, what a shock! It's also one voter for Macron less.

(I'm not sure what the underlined part means.)

So while the tweet is very distasteful, I don't think that we can call this 'apologising terrorism'. He's just angry because his friend (who died trying to save the environment) didn't get nearly as many much sympathy as this cop who died.

The underlined translation is wrong. He said "This time it's a colonel, it rocks!" Or "It's the best!". He also didn't say "get shot", but more like "get bumped off"? A very rude way to say it.

We have quite a lot of free speech in France on almost every subject, but terrorism is a very touchy one. Unfortunately a part of French youth have a brain barely more developed than a common chimp, and will believe anything they see on internet, even "Come to Syria, we'll conquer the world and you'll go to heaven". So that kind of statement is considered pushing others to kill. There is one specific law about "terrorism apology/vindication". And this message really does say "It's great to kill a cop, and even better if it's a high ranking one". Coming from a public figure (even if it's an unknown candidate), it's not acceptable. His own party is pressing charges against him.

Last edited by Faelco - on 26 March 2018

Flilix said:
Here's the tweet:
A chaque fois qu’un gendarme se fait buter, et c’est pas tous les jours, je pense à mon ami Rémi Fraisse [jeune militant écologiste mort sur le site du barrage de Sivens en octobre 2014 dans des échauffourées avec la police], là c’est un colonel, quel pied ! Accessoirement, un électeur de Macron en moins. 

Rough translation:

Every time a policeman gets shot, which isn't something that happens everyday, I think of my friend Rémi Fraisse [young ecologic militant who died protesting against Sivens Dam in October 2014, during a clash with the police], there it's a colonel, what a shock! It's also one voter for Macron less.

So while the tweet is very distasteful, I don't think that we can call this 'apologising terrorism'. He's just angry because his friend (who died trying to save the environment) didn't get nearly as many much sympathy as this cop who died.

Where did you find the Tweet? It's not in the article itself from what I can see.

VGPolyglot said:
Flilix said:
Here's the tweet:

Rough translation:

Where did you find the Tweet? It's not in the article itself from what I can see.

The tweet has been deleted and his account suspended, but some media report it:

http://www.lefigaro.fr/flash-actu/2018/03/26/97001-20180326FILWWW00105-apologie-du-terrorisme-garde-a-vue-de-stephane-poussier-prolongee.php

(You can read French, right? ;)  )

Around the Network
Faelco said:
VGPolyglot said:

The tweet has been deleted and his account suspended, but some media report it:

http://www.lefigaro.fr/flash-actu/2018/03/26/97001-20180326FILWWW00105-apologie-du-terrorisme-garde-a-vue-de-stephane-poussier-prolongee.php

(You can read French, right? ;)  )

Yes, I can read French

Pyro as Bill said:
StarOcean said:
Looks like OP didn’t learn his lesson. Alright, reporting for doing the exact same shit as the last thread.

It's a good thread. We need to stop the dangerous spread of alt-left ideology by highlighting their awful views. Defending pedophiles and terrorism isn't acceptable in a first world society, especially when those same people have no problem shutting people down and making baseless accusations of racism (Trump/Brexit Derangement Syndrome).

Nice b8 m8. Thread on notice. 

You were given an in thread warning by Bristow, and just had a thread locked for doing the same thing. I gave you the benefit of the doubt and left your thread open until you had a chance to come online and update it. You have since been online and done nothing about it. So I will be locking this thread and issuing you a warning.