By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What's the most overrated game ever in your opinion?

littlebigplanet. i had some fun with it, but it didn’t take too long for it to feel pretty boring to me.

Around the Network
Keybladewielder said:
GoOnKid said:

Hmmm all this talk about Ocarina of Time makes me want to replay it one more time. Thanks, guys!

I replayed it on Wii (Virtual Console version) recently and I still loved it a lot   Forest Temple and Spirit Temple are the GOAT dungeons and Water Temple's layout is so brilliant.

Absolutely!

BraLoD said:
GoOnKid said:

Hmmm all this talk about Ocarina of Time makes me want to replay it one more time. Thanks, guys!

And make me remember I still have to pick a N64 and try it again.

I've ever only played about 4 or 5 hours from a friend's and was loving it.

The cart is so damn expensive tho...

Do you happen to own a 3DS? There's a remake.

Sunset Overdrive. Got some very decent reviews but god do I hate that game. The gameplay doesn't work for me at all. I just don't enjoy it at all. Some games I play and think I'll come back to that another time (but never do) but Sunset Overdrive I made the decision immediately I never want to play this game again. If I was reviewing that game in a commercial publication I probably would have got sacked because I'd have given it about 3% which is totally out of sync with most other reviews.

Also Ocarina of Time didn't pull me in like others. I had both Mario 64 and Zelda OOT on my N64 at one time before I added more titles and Mario got 98% of my game playing time. I'm not the biggest Zelda fan though, I think I enjoyed Windwaker the most of all Zelda's.

Alara317 said:
BeardedDragon said:

Just skipped through the video to see who that guy is that conviced you. I can only repeat myself, everyting he says is highly subjective. Like dealing with the bats for example. Also, he made it look like he was struggling big time in the game and that he thought it was too hard overall, which is just sad when you look at how easy most modern games are. I wish more games were more challenging, like OoT back in the days. While being challenging, OoT was never too hard or unfair imo

You really will grasp at any reason you can find in order to not actually counter my points but find a way to disregard what I've said, won't you? 

No, I have said multiple times in this thread already that I've felt this way about the game since it came out, and I've tried playing it multiple times only to find that it had way too many shoddy design decisions for me to suffer through it. Just so happened to be that egoraptor/Arin is a well enough known guy in the gamer community that HIS carefully thought out and well presented argument might show that I'm not the only one who felt that way. 

But still, you go ahead and be deliberately dense. You're only proving my point. 

Those shoddy design decisions you call them might be shoddy compared to later games. But at it's time it was the best you could do. And this is the whole point I came up with in the beginning which you clearly don't seem to understand. You have to rate a game at the time it comes out. Can you name me a game that had for example better graphics than OoT when it came out?

Around the Network

To me I say:
Pokemon is overrated, boring and just sooo damn slow, not challenging either.
Uncharted and Last of Us, really mediocre gameplay and offer not much beyond a great presentation.
Arkham series, nothing great, nothing noteworthy to me.
Halo 1, really long and challenging and not a great story.
LA Noire, meh all over, too easy.
Wolfenstein 2, hated the level designs, enemies could instakill you and had to use cover all the time, not fun.
Final Fantasy XV, one of the weaker stories and that last part killed it.
Monster Hunter World, hate that you clip into monsters and fights are drawn out and sloppily presented.
Battlefield 1, Battlefield 4 is vastly better.
Assassin's Creed, all of them.
Diable 3, too easy, weak story.

Keybladewielder said:

Forest Temple and Spirit Temple are the GOAT dungeons 

this.

Ka-pi96 said:
BeardedDragon said:

Those shoddy design decisions you call them might be shoddy compared to later games. But at it's time it was the best you could do. And this is the whole point I came up with in the beginning which you clearly don't seem to understand. You have to rate a game at the time it comes out. Can you name me a game that had for example better graphics than OoT when it came out?

Why? People don't claim games are "the best as of that time" they claim them to be "the best of all time". If people are claiming something to be the best "of all time" then it really should be able to hold up favourably compared to more recent games as well. I've never got why people insist on giving credit for doing something first. IMO doing something better is much more important than doing it first.

That said, I personally wouldn't really rate a game down for it's graphics unless they really are atrocious anyway, so on the graphical side at least I don't think it should matter anyway whether it's outdated or not.

LOL so you would also compare the gameplay of Super Mario Bros to that of Super Mario Sushine and then say Sunshine should be rated better because the controls are more precise? This does not make sense at all.

Of course you have to rate a game at the time it is released, that is why everyone does this.

And of course you have to take graphics into account when rating a game. Some games, like Crysis for example get most of their appeal by good graphics.

Going by Metacritic's rankings GTA4 which was One of the worst games i have ever played. Generally i think Last of Us, while a great game, is overrated

RolStoppable said:
Errorist76 said:

Troll Rol again

Stop hating.

Don’t throw stones...