By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What's the most overrated game ever in your opinion?

Uncharted series + Last of us and Zelda: skyward Sword (some other Zelda games as well but especially Skyward sword - just look at the user score on metacritic^^.

Around the Network

Uncharted series. Pretty, but mostly average cover based shooters with some fun setpieces.

Qwark said:

Uncharted 3, Fallout 4 and Skyrim they didn't have the x factor their predecessors had and because of it they lacked freshness. I would have given them an 8/10 instead of a 9 or 9.5 out of ten.

I would disagree. Compared to Oblivions generic fantasy world, Skyrim's Viking inspired world was way more fresh.

The atmosphere in Skyrim absolutely destroys Oblivion. Combat is much improved. Weapons don't break (can't believe that breakable weapon bullshit in oblivion), dungeons are more varied (although still repetitive, to a lesser extent), npc's actually have lives rather than just trotting around, not every guard in skyrim knows when you killed someone in a remote location without making a noise, time doesn't come to stop when talking to npc's, cities are unique and not carbon copies of each other, etc.

also, don't even get me started on fallout 3. That puke green screen filter, breakable weapons (again, wtf), worst shooting mechanics ever for an "fps"(no iron sights!?!?), shooting at someone from point blank and still missing (ring bullshit). Those stupid subway tunnels as a cop out from letting you see the entirety of DC, I could keep going on and on. No factions to join either.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

Aeolus451 said:
BeardedDragon said:

I didn't even know Zelda games were considered RPGs. Except the newest one maybe.

Weren't they always considered Action Advetures anyway?

They're so close to the line ya might as well call them what they are the closest to. Ya can do everything in them that ya can in an official rpg.

Yeah, except gaining xp and leveling up... which is like the main thing you do in almost any rpg.

TranceformerFX said:
This year? "Breath of the Wild" hands down. First reason is because of the false praise and it's exemption of scrutiny from critics. Why? Because of the Island Cake theory.

Of all time? Either "Fallout New Vegas" or "Halo 2" (god that campaign was awful, and not a single critic at the time addressed that)

I don't play zelda games, but I read the story in books and web versions

essentially. BOTW story is the equivalent of a naruto filler. it literally doesn't matter.

Around the Network

Hmm, thats a toughie there is plenty to choose from, probably Breath of the Wild from recent years. I enjoyed it enough, rated it a good 7/10 at launch, but after playing again recently I'd say I think less of it now probably a very average 5/10. But the damn thing is winning loads of awards and seems to be regarded as one of, if not the best, games of all time.

Oh that reminds me, Horizon Zero Dawn was pretty overrated too, but I don't think quite as much.

Mario World is also nowhere near as good as general consensus suggests, or at least used to. I'm not sure, is it still widely regarded as pretty much the best thing ever? Anyway it's probably BotW that is the most overrated in my opinion.

Ocarina of Time
Bayonetta
Grand Theft Auto San Andreas
Super Mario 64
Super Mario Bros (any of the SNES ones)
Indie games in general

My answer for this will likely be Breath of the Wild for a loooong time. Won't explain my reasonings again because I don't want to sound like a broken record, but I just really wish Nintendo realizes that this game isn't perfect and that there are tons of things that need to be fixed for the next one. The countless prizes it has won by now makes me think that's not going to be the case though, sadly.

Last edited by Vini256 - on 23 March 2018

Zelda is 'not' an RPG franchise. I'm so tired of uninformed gamers lumping Zelda into the RPG genre. It's Action/Adventure. Just because it has a Fantasy setting doesn't automatically mean it's an RPG. God damn... I thought we were past this.

BeardedDragon said:
Aeolus451 said:

They're so close to the line ya might as well call them what they are the closest to. Ya can do everything in them that ya can in an official rpg.

Yeah, except gaining xp and leveling up... which is like the main thing you do in almost any rpg.

Well you get higher max health and better gear as you progress. Again, they're so close to the line....