By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Can Sony "SHOCK" us at the E3 2018?

There are only two times I've been shocked by Sony: the release of PS1 and the release of PS3. Every other time they follow a paint by numbers strategy that actually works extremely well for them.

Nintendo, on the other hand, they shock me all the time. I would love to see Sony try some crazy Nintendo like thing from time to time.

Around the Network
KLAMarine said:
COKTOE said:

I'm exaggerating a bit, but it was a mild scandal. I remember Jon Stewart going off about how the media was giving the story little to no coverage when they did a story about it on The Daily Show. A fair amount of people have never heard about it.

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/entry/subway-chemical-azodicarbonamide-bread_n_4746304

Yeah, I'd advise against listening to the "Food Babe". She once thought we breathe pure oxygen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PyuBeAHvqoA

Ha ha. :) I lazily grabbed the first google link. I'm not familiar with her. However, the substance in question IS a sketchy additive that almost nobody would choose to be present in their food.

-I should have made this a wall post. Apologies thread people.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

I doubt surprise, but I still think they could have a strong showing. 2015 reveal was a shock because Shenmue III and Final Fantasy VII Remake were four years off when they announced them. Anything like that equivalent is likely in relation to PS5 which I don't think we'll hear anything about until 2020.

I hope to see more Last of Us II and Days Stranding, my big announcement would be Bloodbourne II

Anything is possible.  They have been doing really well with the game library the last few years.  I could see them throw multiple remakes and blockbusters at us or a VR dedicated hardware/software combo surprise of some sort.  If they play their cards right and throw key punches, Sony might win E3.

No, they can't because most of their big news gets leaked in the weeks prior the E3.

Signature goes here!

Around the Network

I just hope for a shenmue I/II remaster.
Quite sure this would correlate with shenmue III sales.

BraLoD said:
TruckOSaurus said:
No, they can't because most of their big news gets leaked in the weeks prior the E3.

I'll be waiting for your shocked expression when a new LoD gets announced and I invade the stage.

I'll be needing a picture of you sent to my PMs before E3 to know it's actually you on stage then.

Signature goes here!

Killzone 4.....yeah I think it's been some while since I've been around here hello people

They can't really shock us given their past history of announcing stuff 3+ years in advance. So anything new will just release after the PS5 reveal...

What would be bonkers for me would be a remake or sequal to Panzer Dragoon Saga.

A gem lost in time. Much like Shenmue.