By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Do you use facebook/social media? How to potect privacy?

Do you use social media?

Yes 5 31.25%

Yes, but only with some privacy techniques 3 18.75%

No 8 50.00%

Total:16

How to protect privacy?

1. Use a different browser for social-media so it can't track your other visited sites.

2 Use startpage or duckduckgo as your regular search engine

3 Do not use fb on your smartphone. Use a PC instead so the app can't trace your calls, location, contacts etc.

4 Use LibreOffice instead of MS Office, they are scanning through your personal files

Last edited by numberwang - on 28 March 2018

Around the Network

Yes, I use Facebook. Unfortunately privacy is impossible if you're using the internet, so I'm already long past that point.

I use Facebook / Facebook Messenger, Whatsapp. I also use Hangouts, Skype, Snapchat and Instagram much less frequently. Heck, I used WeChat while I was in China during the summer and I still use it to contact some friends.

As for privacy, I couldn't care less.

I use Facebook. I'm not on Twitter or Instagram or Whatsapp or Snapchat or anything else. I use tracking protection but I'm actually trying to get rid of Facebook.

Forums, Reddit and IRC are the best social media anyway.

for every picture posted online i use a big fake mustache so facial recognition doesnt work

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network

I deactivated my fb account in the summer of 2015.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

I don't really care much about Facebook and Google collecting data from other sites, since I don't have any important or private stuff anywhere else.

im on fb/twitter,there's no where to run, that have all our information, we are dooooomed

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

I use Facebook for real life stuff, and Twitter and Reddit for general internet shenanigans.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Don't use any social media but I don't really care about my data footprint on the internet. If anything I feel sorry for clogging up all that storage with my worthless data garbage.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.