By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - ARK: Survival Evolved announced for Switch + Gameplay

Looks good on Switch on handheld mode .



Cute and honest Sega Saturn fan, also noone should buy Sega grrrr, Sega for life.

Around the Network
wombat123 said:
Wut?

I mean, I'm happy about it and very curious to see how it ends up running on the Switch considering its performance issues on the PS4/XB1 but it wasn't exactly a game that people were clamoring for. I wonder how many sales Studio Wildcard are expecting from this endeavor.

Well, the goal isn't necessarily to create a killer title, but to bring a number of titles like these to increase appeal.



Video of a graphical analysis of Ark on Switch (handheld mode) - He is surprised and impressed by the quality

Last edited by Rab - on 23 March 2018

AngryLittleAlchemist said:


how do you get dinosaurs so wrong?

#neverforget

Whats wrong about it?



When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:


how do you get dinosaurs so wrong?

#neverforget

Whats wrong about it?

This is closer to what a Carnotaurus looks like:

Carnotaurus didn't have hands like that in the picture, and also their snouts were really small in comparison to most Theropods, almost like a pitbull. 



Around the Network
AngryLittleAlchemist said:
zorg1000 said:

Whats wrong about it?

This is closer to what a Carnotaurus looks like:

Carnotaurus didn't have hands like that in the picture, and also their snouts were really small in comparison to most Theropods, almost like a pitbull. 

It's a game (I assume you've played those before), not a simulator 



Rab said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:

This is closer to what a Carnotaurus looks like:

Carnotaurus didn't have hands like that in the picture, and also their snouts were really small in comparison to most Theropods, almost like a pitbull. 

It's a game (I assume you've played those before), not a simulator 

And yet, they changed the model due to criticism. So obviously, they care about realism to some extent! 



AngryLittleAlchemist said:
Rab said:

It's a game (I assume you've played those before), not a simulator 

And yet, they changed the model due to criticism. So obviously, they care about realism to some extent! 

To some extent, but of course game developers do take some poetic license with their creations, Ark has never been marketed as a sim 



Rab said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:

And yet, they changed the model due to criticism. So obviously, they care about realism to some extent! 

To some extent, but of course game developers do take some poetic license with their creations, Ark has never been marketed as a sim 

I never said it was. Although, I feel like it's pretty obvious that dumbing down a Carnotaurus to just look like any medium sized theropod, if anything, is actually quite boring and repetitive ... 

Also, you realize my original comment was a joke, right? You've heard of those?  



AngryLittleAlchemist said:
zorg1000 said:

Whats wrong about it?

This is closer to what a Carnotaurus looks like:

Carnotaurus didn't have hands like that in the picture, and also their snouts were really small in comparison to most Theropods, almost like a pitbull. 

Those are pretty minor differences, its not nearly as bad as Michael Crichton making Velociraptors 6ft tall and 200lbs when they were actually about the size of a turkey.



When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.