By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - ARK: Survival Evolved announced for Switch + Gameplay

This isn't really a game I'd enjoy personally, but I'm sure there's some people who'd dig this on the Switch. Hopin' the game runs well.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Around the Network
LudicrousSpeed said:
Why didn't Capcom bring MHW to Switch? Seems like it would just ooze money for them.

Did you purposely put this into an Ark thread? xD 

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
zorg1000 said:

Those are pretty minor differences, its not nearly as bad as Michael Crichton making Velociraptors 6ft tall and 200lbs when they were actually about the size of a turkey.

No .... they really, really, really aren't. 

The Ark version looks like a big fat beefy creature with huge arms and a huge head. In reality it was small and slim, it had arms that were sideways and extremely small (way smaller than Rex's), and they were very slim. You would have to know almost nothing about Carnotaurus to think those are minor differences, it's like calling saying the difference between Cheetah and a Bear isn't big.  

But I will say you are right about Jurassic Park. Then again, I can at least understand where he was coming from, since his inspiration was actually from other species of raptor and not Velociraptors. Besides, I don't actually care either way, it was a joke. Plus they fixed it somewhat. 

Eh, its more like the difference between a cheetah and a leopard.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:

No .... they really, really, really aren't. 

The Ark version looks like a big fat beefy creature with huge arms and a huge head. In reality it was small and slim, it had arms that were sideways and extremely small (way smaller than Rex's), and they were very slim. You would have to know almost nothing about Carnotaurus to think those are minor differences, it's like calling saying the difference between Cheetah and a Bear isn't big.  

But I will say you are right about Jurassic Park. Then again, I can at least understand where he was coming from, since his inspiration was actually from other species of raptor and not Velociraptors. Besides, I don't actually care either way, it was a joke. Plus they fixed it somewhat. 

Cheetah and Lion and you have a deal

LudicrousSpeed said:
Why didn't Capcom bring MHW to Switch? Seems like it would just ooze money for them.

Did you purposely put this into an Ark thread? xD 

Well they are kind of similar, just had me wondering.

Around the Network

It looks pretty good, though i'm not too familiar with this type of game.
I might check it out when it releases.

zorg1000 said:

Cheetah and Lion and you have a deal

Hmmm........you have a deal, it was good doing business with you

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.