By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - In progress NPD predicting tool

In Finland there is a deal that is valid until sunday 4.11: XBOX ONE S (1 TB) + RDR2 + 3 months Game-Pass for 222 euros (€) / XBOX ONE X + RDR2 + COD Black Ops 4 + 3 months Game-Pass for 429 euros (€).

This is in big electronics store chain. I don't know what kind of deals GameStop has here.

And PS4 Slim (1 TB) RDR2 bundle is 369 euros (€). Looks like Microsoft is going all-in.

"The rumours of my death have been greatly exaggerated."

- Single-player Game

Around the Network
Ryng_Tolu said:

Barkley said: 

It's still going to be in the same league as CoD and Fifa

Bigger.

This year FIFA and COD are in the 20 million club. Red Read Redemption will sell 30-35 million LT, possible 40-50 million if they port it on PS5/XB2

RDR2 won't sell more than 30m when it's all said and done.

I am curious as to why some are not as confident in RDR2 to sell 20+ million or so? Considering the original Red Dead Redemption shipped over 15 million in its LT.

Red Dead will max out at 25 million imo, unless ported to next consoles

Kai_Mao said:
I am curious as to why some are not as confident in RDR2 to sell 20+ million or so? Considering the original Red Dead Redemption shipped over 15 million in its LT.

20-30 million I think is a safe bet.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network

20 million is super pessimist for RDR2, and also unrealistic to be honest.
25 million is still very low but we are talking now.

Really, 30 million to me is conservate. I don't think people realize how much 600K first week in UK at retail alone are those days... The game will also surely have strong legs.

Considering the harsh user critics about bad gameplay / controls and the lack of fun I don't see how RDR2 could sell more than 20 millions.

Ryng_Tolu said:
20 million is super pessimist for RDR2, and also unrealistic to be honest.
25 million is still very low but we are talking now.

Really, 30 million to me is conservate. I don't think people realize how much 600K first week in UK at retail alone are those days... The game will also surely have strong legs.

600k is nothing special for large AAA games. FIFA and COD do that almost every year.

I'm expecting 5m fw and 17m this year. So 13m more lifetime with pc sales seems reasonable.

Also let's not forget that MS and Sony are aiming for backward compatibility next gen so RDR2 will probably just get a graphics and framerate update instead of people having to rebuy the game like with GTAV.

globalisateur said:
Considering the harsh user critics about bad gameplay / controls and the lack of fun I don't see how RDR2 could sell more than 20 millions.

User critics don't mean squat, lol.

JRPGfan said:
Madword said:

Only just, if the Xbox sale is still on this week then it will surely pass it?

Sale last 2 more days... Im not sure if XB1 will be ahead of PS4, but it does... wow, PS4 marketing for RDR2 totally wasted.

Also seems like Rockstar used a shitty type of checkerboarding techique too.
Hopefully PS4 doesnt do marketing with them again if its just gonna be wasted like this, and the devs. dont even optimise things right for the PS4 when it has marketing deal.

The $100 off with Red Dead deal lasts until November 3rd.

Won bet with t3mporary_126 - I correctly predicted that the Wii U's LTD at the end of 2014 would be closer to 9 million than 10 million. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=6673287